Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Sorry to gate crash ladies, but this thread made me think of my favourite advert. This is pure elegance in a soft top. You all need to slow down, take your time, and give the rest of the world time to oggle properly :)

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,078 Posts
I had to post this selfie of my son, Preston and his gf Brittany, in his SLK at Clearwater Beach! First one is cruising along Gulfview Blvd., second one...cruising on the causeway! :surprise::smile:

Ladies, can you imagine the tangles? ouch :frown: I suggested she wear a hat or pull her hair back, but seems like I was talking to the wind!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I had to post this selfie of my son, Preston and his gf Brittany, in his SLK at Clearwater Beach! First one is cruising along Gulfview Blvd., second one...cruising on the causeway! :surprise::smile:

Ladies, can you imagine the tangles? ouch :frown: I suggested she wear a hat or pull her hair back, but seems like I was talking to the wind!
Ouch I remember having hair down to my bum and forgetting to tie it back when on the bike it took me hours

·
14,078 Posts
Ouch I remember having hair down to my bum and forgetting to tie it back when on the bike it took me hours
If I don't tie my hair up, which is rare, I don't even try to brush it out. I take a shower and massage the conditioner in!0:)

This is the type I wear baseball caps don't fit me as I have a really big head.
LOL I likey!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,176 Posts
Sophisticated Ladies Korner This is a section just for our Female Members here at SLKWorld to talk about their Cars and other topics that may only be fitting to this section
Sophisticated Ladies Korner This is a section just for our Female Members here at SLKWorld to talk about their Cars and other topics that may only be fitting to this section

:D :D :D :D :D :D

GET OUT!

:D :D :D :D :D

·
14,078 Posts

:D :D :D :D :D :D

GET OUT!

:D :D :D: :D :D
hahahahaha just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you can stick your nose in the Ladies section...there's a Sophisticated Lady that's a moderator who takes care of that!:x

·
94,176 Posts
hahahahaha just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you can stick your nose in the Ladies section...there's a Sophisticated Lady that's a moderator who takes care of that!:x
and why then, did she not 'take care of it?' because she was shopping!!!

·
14,078 Posts
...touche'

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
After losing a few hats in the wind while driving my mustang I decided it was time to go short! Now I dont have to worry or make a mad dash to the ladies room when I 1st arrive somewhere. I dont even carry I comb in my purse any longer. Fingers are my styling tool..........FREEDOM!

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
736 Posts
I know it's an old post but since Spring is on the horizon.. HA! and as UK optimists may be thinking of cracking open the lid.. here is my headgear wardrobe. I love bandanna's (not bananas, but they are ok too) since they don't crush the hairdo on top but they are most effective at controlling those wispy bits whipping into the eyes. For Winter I have a couple of fake fur jobbies that help with avoiding frostbite. In Summer I migrate to a more conventional silk type thing, favourite/favorite being my camouflage design. In bright sunlight I use my panama type cloche hat which is wide brimmed enough to keep the sun out of the eyes but unlike a Panama which has an upturned brim, the cloche is turned down so is wind tunnel tested up to reasonable speeds. Since I don't often drive at reasonable speeds I needed to attach a cord to the inner liner of the hat which goes under my chin thus, should the cloche get caught by a gust I just get mildly strangled, but at least I keep the hat! And yes, the windrestrictor does help too/

·
Registered
86 Posts
I find the deflector does its job well. So for me, it's some Classy Tom Ford sunglasses, a dab of Chanel and a quick prayer I don't look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards on arrival; If I do, then so be it, there are worse things in life and if someone is going to judge me on the state of my barnet, then I'm not interested in their opinion anyway, especially as I usually drive a better car than they do ;)

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
Just an FYI (sorry if I :butt: in the wrong place)...a full Windrestrictor will keep all hats in place with the top down and windows up. Ditch the fabric screen. Plus, it just looks a whole lot classier. AND...you can see better at night. :tu:
Thanks for the kind words. Also, hey ladies! <<<Noncreepy tone used. :D

·
94,176 Posts
And as a reminder to male members
You are in 'Sophisticated Ladies Korner'
That means all posts in this thread will be by women members about the
'Hats they wear '

Thanks

Jeff :D

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
And as a reminder to male members
You are in 'Sophisticated Ladies Korner'
That means all posts in this thread will be by women members about the
'Hats they wear '

Thanks

Jeff :D
Ahh, come on Jeff, I was just giving Windrestrictor a plug (3 yrs ago) for the ladies. I have nothing to gain here; I keep my hair at a #2 . :grin:

·
94,176 Posts
My sides are 2 also! Now get out! :D

21 - 40 of 41 Posts