Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies,
I am new to the convertible world. I think I need to start expanding my wardrobe with a new SLK purchase J

I wonder what hats/styles do you wear aside from a baseball cap? I have no problem wearing a baseball cap when dressed casual (jeans, etc.) but during weekdays I am dressed very formal wearing suites, dresses, skirts, etc. Baseball cap would look out of place with a formal attire. There is always an option to drive hatless but I have two problems with it. First, the sun in Alberta can be very strong in summer and second, somewhat reduced visibility due to the glare from the sun. So, it is nice to wear something to shade the eyes and the face from the sun. Is there any special sunglasses that can completely cover the eyes?

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,930 Posts
Scarves seem to work the best when dressed up. I have a whole slew of them in all colors. Not only do they keep the hair in check they look classy, too. As Der Flieger would say "the Grace Kelly look".

Large brimmed hats are good for keeping the sun off your face, but when you catch a breeze (and it's going to happen with the top down), it's gone in a flash.

As far as sunglasses go, you'll still have the sun glaring down behind any lenses...I find a little squinting is worth it to go topless!

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
The nice thing about California is no matter what, it's always casual :). We have a saying....."No ties outside of San Francisco"!

Anyway, I don't do well with hats. I still have a good head of hear (just about the only thing good left) coupled with a fairly large head and hats after wearing a hat my hair looks sort of "molded" into the shape of it.....lol....and NO, I don't use gel or any of that kind of stuff.

I find a visor (similar to what you wear when playing tennis) works best for me and stays put at speeds of 80 or more. :burnout:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,143 Posts
Steverino, what r u doing in the ladies section?

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Steverino, what r u doing in the ladies section?
Well........er...........because I'm a "Lady's Man"? :biglaugh: Actually, I didn't even realize where I was when I made the post, but geez girls, men wear hats too! Why exclude us?

·
98,143 Posts
I know all and see all

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Just an FYI (sorry if I :butt: in the wrong place)...a full Windrestrictor will keep all hats in place with the top down and windows up. Ditch the fabric screen. Plus, it just looks a whole lot classier. AND...you can see better at night. :tu:

Reactions: HERSADZ and Stinger

·
98,143 Posts
Stinger and Der Flieger and Kevin hang out in the ladie's section (point fingers) HAHAHA!

·
98,143 Posts
I should never have given you that link to the gif program

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I should never have given you that link to the gif program
:biglaugh: I didn't use the link, I did a search for it. But, I probably could have made it a tad smaller...or not. :D

BTW...sorry ladies...:hijacked: Jeff's fault.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,124 Posts
We find the wind is generally no problem at all... but I suppose it depends on what you are used to...:wink:

I use big sunglasses and sometimes a scarf... Clive uses sunglasses and flat cap....but we put the roof up during the middle of the day (and use the air con), because the sun is too hot here (cooks the brain).

Our lovely SLK is a real treat... after many years with an old (much loved) british sports car with mohair hood, no air con, no heater to speak of, the boot full of spare parts, tool kit and service manual.. so the boot (trunk) of the SLK is a bonus.. at last, somewhere to put the luggage..

Stella

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
This was a fun site to read through today! I liked the part when the guy realized he
Was responding in a special sophisticated ladies area!! LOL, but as always, you fought
Him Jeff, and then even more LOL! Thanks for the laughs!
I still like the Grace a Kelly vintage scarf look best!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts