Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has your SLK every done something quirky and then fixed itself?

I'll start:

Last night coming home from the hockey game, after driving at least 20 mins, my headlights went off. I usually use full lights, not auto, which is position 5 in the manual. I switched to position 3 (auto) and the headlights came on. I got home and turned off car. Without engine on, I put switch to position 5 (full lights) and they came on and stayed on. I started car, and repeated and they stayed on. This morning, they stayed on while driving. Am I to assume that shutting down car, reset everything to normal?

Anyone else, has your SLK every done something quirky and then fixed itself?

Tell me your tale!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
LOL - it's a car with 40 minor and 24 major computer control systems in it - it's special to me when they all come together every day!

I've honestly not had problems I've not created for myself with various retrofits and tinkering, other than a bad HG AGW on the '350 stateside.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,944 Posts
I've had the problem that a small number of others have written about before, which is a kind of mis-sequencing of the roof opening procedure. In this case one window will roll down half way, the trunk opens, the roof unlatches but doesn't go back. This happened twice on one day and then never again (so far).

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm glad the car doesn't run under Windows. I don't like blue screens and you would have to push start to shut off...

Regards.. Ben

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Mine once asked me to check the oil level - it was fine (just below max when warm) - It didn't say it was low, just to check it - I think the sensor was just bored and wanted something to do :)

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
I have had a few instances where the blue tooth phone went haywire and wouldn't link again until the car was turned off and re-started. I have also had a few instances where the top didn't function properly, stopped in the middle of putting it up, paused, and finally finished but the rear windows would not go up automatically. During these few mishaps, I always assumed the blame on the smart top mod and my Droid instead of the car itself.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Mine once asked me to check the oil level - it was fine (just below max when warm) - It didn't say it was low, just to check it - I think the sensor was just bored and wanted something to do :)
You'd be bored if you sat up most of the year and had still had stale washer fluid in your holding tank.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Absolutely no problems @ 16K.....well except the rear tires smoke on take off occassionally!:biglaugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.