Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I recently picked up a windscreen for my pre-facelift 2000 SLK230 and tried to put it one, only to find that the clips on the roll bars that hold one of the straps are not there -- like they were not reattached when someone took off the housing. Also, the roof works flawlessly and I noticed that it looks like some of the panels that need removal to rebuild the hydraulics are missing their plastic clips, and the pump looks amazingly new. Of course it would be wonderful if this was the case, but my question is: Can you tell that a cylinder has been rebuilt by examining the outside?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also, a side question -- where can one get these clips?

Many thanks!!

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
120 Posts
I just had all 5 hydraulic cylinders rebuilt on my 2001 SLK 230 and finished putting everything back together last Friday. I'm very anal about all parts being re-installed correctly. Are you referring to the plastic clips that hold the trunk panels in place?
Just do a google search and you can find those at several places besides the dealer.
If you remove the plastic cover on the headliner and shine a flashlight to the right, look to see if there is a nut on the end of the shaft holding the bracket on. If there is, then it was probably rebuilt by Top Hydraulics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this, very helpful!! I was referring to the clips that are at the base of the roll bar that are used for the attachment of the wind deflector. They look like rectangular metal pieces...

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
120 Posts
Thanks for this, very helpful!! I was referring to the clips that are at the base of the roll bar that are used for the attachment of the wind deflector. They look like rectangular metal pieces...
Are you referring to these? They screw into the bottom of the roll bar and has a round end. My wind deflector is still in the plastic bag in the pouch behind the seats...never used it.

Are you referring to these?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts