Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the instructions on the H&R spring set, It says by removing the rubber shims, You can adjust the car height.
has anyone done this?
Does it also mean that even without lowering springs that the car can be lowered by just removing shims?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
You can adjust the height of the stock car by using different shims, but don't remove them. These shims are installed to balance the options of the car. For the R171 it is only possible at the rear axle. The shims can be distinguished by nubs on it. (see photo)
1 nub 5 mm
2 nubs 9 mm
3 nubs 13 mm
4 nubs 17 mm

referred p/n:
210 325 0184
210 325 0284
210 325 0384
210 325 0484

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Agreed, the shims should not be removed completely, you'd have metal to metal contact...sure to cause squeeking and groaning and allow for corrosion.

The difference between the thickest pad and thinnest is really marginal once the car is loaded down, really meant for adjustement only.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
All SLK350/55 have these sitting on top of the rear springs. We don't have the SLK200 in the states but I believe it would be the same.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
which one you get depends on a lot of factors, what options you have, what model you have, etcetera. I had the 3 nub ones on my car originally, but i used a saw and trimmed it down to the 1 nub thickness...it was a pain, i should've just bought them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.