Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
When I pull it up it says $24K. The dealer is listed as CarMax. Even at 24K that sounds like way too much money for that car.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Someone's smoking something special. The VIN on that car is invalid, Kelly's list it at 40k in poor/fair condition, and three just sold at Mannheim in Atlanta for over $35k.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Oh don't worry. The seller is in England right now fighting in the war. He said he'll drop the price to $25,000 if I do him a favor and cash a $30,000 cashier's check that he will send to me, then mail him the whole thing minus $2,000 that I get to keep for myself.

He also needs my full name, address, phone number, social security number, bank account information, pet's name, shoe size, and IQ score.

Sounds legit! I think I might just take it!

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh don't worry. The seller is in England right now fighting in the war. He said he'll drop the price to $25,000 if I do him a favor and cash a $30,000 cashier's check that he will send to me, then mail him the whole thing minus $2,000 that I get to keep for myself.

He also needs my full name, address, phone number, social security number, bank account information, pet's name, shoe size, and IQ score.

Sounds legit! I think I might just take it!
You forgot to include your Mothers Maiden Name.. ;)

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,415 Posts
SCAM, The cashier check is bad, bank in US will credit your account in a few days but the check is from UK and will take a weeks or more to bounce and the bank will debit your account and you sent the $2,000 to him when you first deposited the cashier check so you will out the $2,000 dollars. If you do elect to do this hold off in sending him the 2000 for a month to make sure the cashier check is for real. This like the scams that you won a lottery, unknow person needs to move funds by sending you a check and you then sent a small amount to a third person for a fee or handling charge. The check they sent you is bad.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Usually the person will say that the car is located at some "storage" facility and prepped for shipping ASAP. When you ask to "see" the car, he will give all kinds of excuse why this is not possible. One time I had asked him to e-mail me his driver license and title of the car......he actually did. But the copy was so bad that I can not make out anything that was on the documents. When I pressed to actually see the car or no deal...........I never heard from the guy again..........:mad:

Maybe next time I will offer to trade my remote control "Ferrari" for whatever he is selling????

Yah, it is a total SCAM!!!

SCAM, The cashier check is bad, bank in US will credit your account in a few days but the check is from UK and will take a weeks or more to bounce and the bank will debit your account and you sent the $2,000 to him when you first deposited the cashier check so you will out the $2,000 dollars. If you do elect to do this hold off in sending him the 2000 for a month to make sure the cashier check is for real. This like the scams that you won a lottery, unknow person needs to move funds by sending you a check and you then sent a small amount to a third person for a fee or handling charge. The check they sent you is bad.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,415 Posts
I was selling a car and got emails from the UK willing to pay more than I wanted with one check and for me to send the overage to a company who would then come and pick up the car. In all their letters they used upercase and lower case letters in the wrong places in each email and they had different emails and names. But was all the same scam. It all happen after listing the car on free website which I think they set up to run the scam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.