Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car in the other day for regular service. It was at 20,000 miles and wasn't calling out for anything but since I wasn't sure what the previous owner had done, I knew I wanted the oil and brake fluid changed. It was also exhibiting the characteristic rough shifting so I had them take a look at that as well.

The bad part is that I was there for over 3 hours but the good news is they were working on it the whole time. The tech (Remy) spent over an hour adjusting the computer to fine tune the shifting and I am extremely pleased with the results. Shifting is as smooth as can be now.

He then went on to change the oil and brake fluid and after he was done I chatted with him and he explained everything he had done. Oil was very dirty, filter was incorrect size, brake fluid was very clean so it had been changed at least once before.

And while I'm not sure if it is their policy or not, when I asked they did give me a 10% discount when I showed my MBCA card.

All in all I was quite pleased. They're pretty pricey, but they got the job done and kudos to Remy.

On a side note - while I was waiting I had a talk with another customer who told me about Larry Egbert's over in McAllen. I understand he is a certified indepentent and does excellent work. If you are in this area he may be worth a call. I know I'm going to try him for my next oil change.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Gary

What about cooling system flush?? I cannot recall MB's recommendation...
I had brake fluid flush/replaced (clean) and cooling system flush/replaced (clean) at 32K / 3 years in service.

Rick

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Gary, thanks for sharing. Speaking of which, I believe Larry Egbert is from Edinburg, the same guy my co-worker have mention it & recommended. I heard great things about him as well. I just googled, check this link out http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=196221

Thanks for the tips =)

Bruce:usa:
That's him. To those of us way over here in Weslaco, McAllen & Edinberg along with Pharr and Mission, are pretty much all the same city :biglaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts