Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have about 350 miles on my retirement dream car. Picked up a 2012 SLK 350 in Black with Ash interior. Traded in an '07 Z4 3.0si. No more cloth tops for me. :) This is, without a doubt, the nicest car I have ever owned. I retired from Lockheed Martin about 6 months ago and do a little consulting to stay busy. I believe I'll be showing up at the retiree lunches in style!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome and congratulations from southern California.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Congratulations on the car and retirement!
Plan on putting some serious miles on it?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England - congratulations on your new car and retirement - just watch out for that 'little consulting to stay busy' - it has a nasty habit of taking over :)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes, I usually run 20k per year. I'm in Fort Worth, have kids and grand kids in Sacramento, and try to do a trip to northern WV at least once a year. That seems to rack up miles. Looking forward to driving this in the WV hills. :)

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations and welcome from Virginia. Retired and a new car, what a deal. I'm glad to see a serious accumulation of R172s here at SLKWorld. Enjoy the good life.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,487 Posts
Uncle John,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your retirement and new car.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new car. In case you are interested, there are two SLK clubs in the extended Bay Area that arrange drives about once a month. Something to keep in mind when you visit Sacramento.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts