Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Halford paint matching / mixing service, and if so how was it for you?
How much paint do you get for yer money, which I believe is about £9.99?
It's to try and touch up some bumper suffs as I've had massive quotes for some pretty minor work!

Thanks in great anticipation,:smile:

Mike
mobair

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Halfords are not being seen in a good light at the moment;
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/376201-great-week-driving-ends-badly.html

so it'll be interesting to see how members got on with this service.
Tell me about it!! The trouble is they are often the only game in town! They tried to rip me off when replacing my brake pads, and DID rip me off when they offered to fit a headlight bulb, but forgot to tell me it would cost MORE to fit than the cost of the bulb!
However, they DID take back a load of camping gear I bought for my trip to Germany as I never used it!:laugh:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell me about it!! The trouble is they are often the only game in town! They tried to rip me off when replacing my brake pads, and DID rip me off when they offered to fit a headlight bulb, but forgot to tell me it would cost MORE to fit than the cost of the bulb!
However, they DID take back a load of camping gear I bought for my trip to Germany as I never used it!:laugh:
UPDATE TO MY QUESTION!
Decided to bite the bullet, and purchased a small bottle of paint that they mixed in the store. Cost was £10.99
I obtained the paint code from the sticker just inside the drivers side door, and the lad mixed it up after checking the colour from a swatch!
He was actually at Uni doing automotive engineering, so was on the ball! Colour looks OK, but the proof is in the using!
Apart from a few spots, the main points are two scuffs on the front and rear bumper. these will need rubbing down etc before painting!
Watch this space!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts