Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lady Stores Plastic Grocery Bags so they Pop Up in Tissue Box

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's just a different world in America, a very wealthy lady flaunting the fact she has so many carrier bags.

In the U.K. we could not justify or afford having so many carrier bags due to the Government bag tax. :wink:

Post edited, wink added, thanks dbgrn :smile:

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
It's just a different world in America, a very wealthy lady flaunting the fact she has so many carrier bags.

In the U.K. we could not justify or afford having so many carrier bags due to the Government bag tax.
I don't think that even remotely can be classified as a very wealthy anything. Looks like a very basic well maintained 50+ year old kitchen. And saving what is essentially garbage to reuse instead of tossing is normally taken as a good thing. I get probably a dozen bags a week and you can't even put them in our recycling bins. I re-use as many as we can, and toss the rest.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
typical middle income housewife. no rings or necklaces just making the best of the situation

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
I think Grandpa Munster was just having a laugh...

In the UK, shops are no longer allowed to give away free plastic bags. They now have to charge you for every plastic bag that you use... hence the comment about being wealthy ;) :D

Reactions: Avel Du

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
IIRC, L.A. county has a "ban" on plastic bags: bring your own or they charge you for the plastic shopping bag. No such restriction/earth-friendly legislation in Orange County (in SoCal). I do agree with L.A. County's view on plastic shopping bags.

·
*Registered
1999 SLK230K
827 Posts
Plastic bags are banned in Belgian supermarkets but local stores still use them like butchers and the weekly market sellers have them too. I use them to put my garbage in. I have a wine rack in the kitchen and they go in there so the bottles are hidden.:surprise:
But hey I am a 50+ middle class woman without jewelry. >:D

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,773 Posts
I think Grandpa Munster was just having a laugh...

In the UK, shops are no longer allowed to give away free plastic bags. They now have to charge you for every plastic bag that you use... hence the comment about being wealthy ;) :D
Not always.
Meat, takeaway and a few other items are excluded.

And when you've bought a few items it is amazing what impact 'I'm not paying for bags, I'll leave it all thanks' can have.

Not used it myself, but I know a neighbour who does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.