Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All set ready to go this morning, Had the car insurance in place and had rung Tracker to take up a subscription when.....
The man from the AA rang to say the car was a lemon. it had had serious front end damage and substandard repairs to quote him verbatim: -

"There is evidence of 'significant' body repairs to the frontal area of the vehicle. The front panelling, bumper, grilles, bonnet, front wings & associated components appear to have been replaced, along with repainting of the doors. Whilst these repairs appear (as visible) to be 'structurally' sound, there is slight 'deformation' visible to the left chassis leg, at the frontal area, which may be associated to these repairs. This requires further investigation. The left headlight is misaligned to the bonnet/wing & the rear mounting plastic 'lug' damaged and not consistent with the right side. Bonnet stiff to raise & right hinge buffer missing"

So back to the drawing board!:mad:

D

·
0 Posts
Ouch, oh well mate.

Have you looked at the dealer offerings at all? They have stricter rules on what can be sold plus you have much more protection legally should something go wrong, and you get the AUC warranty.

The bonnet stiff bit can be disregarded, thats the dampers.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
maybe that's why they refused to perform the inspection?

·
Registered
11 Posts
A great disappointment, I'm sure. But... console yourself with the thought that you found out before the money had changed hands. Better luck next time.

·
Donor Conversion
198 Posts
Yes that's a lucky escape if you ask me. But dreadful too, after you'd done so much looking and found one with all the detail you liked. Hope another one you like comes along quickly.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Blessing in Disguise.

Keep on lookin' & searchin'. I think the research was well worth it even if it means not buying the vehicle.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm kinda bummed actually, because it had the same color interior/exterior as mine, and I love that combo! Heh heh.

In all seriousness though, are you still looking for a manual transmission? I bought mine with the MT, and I love it and would highly suggest it. The driving experience is a step up from the AT (at least, throttle response sure is).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In all seriousness though, are you still looking for a manual transmission? I bought mine with the MT, and I love it and would highly suggest it. The driving experience is a step up from the AT (at least, throttle response sure is).
Really want the 7spd auto, not owned a manual since 88 and when I drove the 7spd auto I thought it was one of the best auto boxes I had ever tried.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.