Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not a chemist and I don’t know how Meguiar’s M40 rubber preservative compares with Gummi Pflege Stift when treating the rubber seals that are part of an SLK's retractable roof, but when I tried to recondition the rubber mat that’s in the back of my wife’s Mercedes (ML350), the Meguiar’s M40 did a much better job restoring the black color and the flexibility of the mat than Gummi Pflege.

I found this information on the Internet:

Polydimethylsiloxanes (Meguiar’s M40 Vinyl and Rubber Conditioner): Is used in the plastics industry as additives for improving the processing and surface properties of plastics, as well as the rubber phase in a novel family of thermoplastic vulcanizate (TPV) materials.

Methylisothiazolinone (Gummi Pflege Stift): A powerful synthetic biocide and preservative within the group of isothiazolinones, which is used in numerous personal care products and a wide range of industrial applications.

I have also used Meguiar’s M40 on the black plastic trim that’s on the lower part of my SLK55’s rear bumper and it blackened the areas that were starting to look faded or white. I’m waiting to see if it does a better job than Mothers Back-to-Black, which is what I normally use.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts