Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all

I recently bought a bottle of Gummi Pflege off Ebay (£5.95) and have given all the rubber seals on the roof, windows and boot/trunk two treatments.

Unless it's all in the mind, the difference is amazing.

Either way, the amount of noise is much, much less, limited now to the odd creak that might be expected of a 10 year old car on the poor road surfaces we now have to put up with in England.

John

edited by jbanks15

http://www.slkworld.com/226839-post1.html

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,368 Posts
Hi all

I recently bought a bottle of Gummi Pflege off Ebay (£5.95) and have given all the rubber seals on the roof, windows and boot/trunk two treatments.

Either way, the amount of noise is much, much less, limited now to the odd creak that might be expected of a 10 year old car on the poor road surfaces we now have to put up with in England.

John
I been using Gummi Pflege on my current and previous SLK roof seals for 4 years now and you are right, it works great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all

John
Hello, recently purchased some Gummi Pflege as well, cannot believe the difference !! Regards Damian. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The two that I've driven had some rattles when going over bumps with the top up. I was told that this is because of the joints in the roof. I don't know if that's BS or not, but is this something that is reduced when you say it's quieter?

Thanks

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
The two that I've driven had some rattles when going over bumps with the top up. I was told that this is because of the joints in the roof. I don't know if that's BS or not, but is this something that is reduced when you say it's quieter?

Thanks
Ask the seller/dealer to do the roof seal lubrication and test drive again.

·
19,407 Posts
Is that something major or a bargaining chip with a MB dealer?
It's not a major service, tell them you may be interested if they do the lubrication and the roof squeaks disappear (bargaining).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks again for all of your help. I'm in the buying process.

The main car in question is CPO and at a MB dealership. Isn't this something that should've been done? This is the sort of thing that I didn't think I'd need to worry about when going with a CPO car.

·
19,407 Posts
...The main car in question is CPO and at a MB dealership. Isn't this something that should've been done? This is the sort of thing that I didn't think I'd need to worry about when going with a CPO car.
They have a checklist but doubt they do this in great detail, depends on the technician that inspected and "prepped" the vehicle.

Reactions: Olivia

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.