Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I've attempted to reglue the window limiter adjuster (a well known issue) but when I removed the door panel, lying at the bottom of the door were various parts. I've looked up the part numbers and have identified them as the guide jaw and other associated parts.

http://www.mbpartsworld.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=7525763&ukey_assembly=1081557

These are parts 8, 11, 14 and 23. Parts 17 and 20 look like they're still attached to the main guide (8). I haven't found the nut 26 yet.

I've tried various door panel/ window limit fix threads but i can't find any good photos of where and how I can re-attach these before putting the door cover back. Please can someone assist ( with any photos if possible).

Photo added

Many thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas?

It seems that the same part is also used on C124 R129 C140 models so might try a couple of other forums too. I'd prefer to not have to remove the other door if i can avoid it.

This diagram seems to be the best picture I have so far but there's still some guesswork in how the parts are attached together and where they attach.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To round this off...

I forgot to point out above that there is a hole in the glass itself so I'd worked out that this was where the parts attached.

As I'd had the car sat with the door lining off for a week I decided to bite the bullet and take off the passenger side so I could see how these parts went on:

I can see the plastic part went around the window like a sandwich

I reached around the back and could feel how the slightly curved metal part fitted on (convex or concave), plus there didn't appear to be a nut on the back of this side either, so great I don't have to go hunting for a nut that will fit the bolt.

So this how it fits together:

After a few aborted attempts I worked out that the white plastic part goes on first:

Then you need to gently push on the bar running along the bottom of the glass to give some space between the horizontal rail and the glass, to allow you to slide the large metal guide in place.

The after that, push the bolt on and then the metal part on the rear, ensuring you have it the right way round. Sorry about the poor pics, but hope they help anyone who is ever in the same boat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.