Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends father bought the new Porsche GT3 (1 of 4 in N.Ireland) and very kindly let us take it out over the weekend. Stunning machine! He also owns an F430 and prefers the Porsche for the fun factor of it. Pure mentalism this cra, but great fun!!!!! so much improved from old GT3. ALso every 911 turbo owner, be it 996 or 997 all stopped us and siad they would swap there and then if they could.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Brakes and GT3 rim:

Interior:

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Congrats is such a nice car, Ive been wanting a porsche coupe all of my life and in 2-3 years probably I might treat my self to either a GT3 or Porsche Turbo.

The GT3 picture above has the Clubsport package which comes with the seats of the Porsche Carrera GT (SuperCar) and a Fire extingusher, roll bar if not mistaken.

The F430 is such a nice car and I think its just too expensive, I remember the 355's or 360's were more reasonable at their time and thats what spoils it for me. If I had the money for it, I would get one without hesitation because it sounds good, looks good and its an exotic that is backed by strong passion and heritage.

Thank you for sharing with us N4PWJ.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correct Mo. the clubsport package is a must in this car, just adds to the pure race feel. The seats are great, but you couldn't travel cross country in them.
The cage is incredible, a mesh of metal behind your head. The GT3 RS cage is even more complicated apparantly, i would love an opportunity to drive one of those.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Ive seen a Orange GT3 RS here, the owner takes it from time to time to the bahrain F1 track. There is no use buying it and at the end using it as a daily driver. However the owner is financialy capable of taking it back and forth.

His garage consists of a 2007 Orange 997 GT3 RS, Turbo S cabroilet (996) 2004/5 Model, a White Carrera S ( 997) Wife's car , White GT3 (997) Wifey's car and a Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works edition.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wife is doing well! sounds like he is a big Porsche fan anyway. cool cars. I would love those bargging rights to owning an RS

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Beautiful, very racey, bucket seats, alcantara steering/interior, roll cage, fire extinguisher, I love it. white is a perfect color for the GT3.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
If I ordered a GT3 I would remove the Alacantra ''Suede'' because with time they will wear quicker than leather ie hands sweating on steering wheel etc.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but in all hnesty MO, the alcantara can be replaced. And you wouldn't be driving it everyday for it to wear out as quick.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
If I ordered a GT3 I would remove the Alacantra ''Suede'' because with time they will wear quicker than leather ie hands sweating on steering wheel etc.
I wouldn't, it's what makes the interior special, leather is standard on hyundai's, nothing wrong with hyundai's but alcantara comes only on high end sports cars. If wearing is a concern, I would get the part that gets the most touch some CF, easy to wipe clean.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't, it's what makes the interior special, leather is standard on hyundai's, nothing wrong with hyundai's but alcantara comes only on high end sports cars. If wearing is a concern, I would get the part that gets the most touch some CF, easy to wipe clean.
good point Ynot. a CF and suede steering wheel...hmmmmm:rb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts