Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there would be any value in having a group buy section on the forum. Listing any GB's that come up and even listing previous ones just to see what people bought and from what source (if that's allowed) even if current pricing is higher.

It is hard to find GB's that are buried in various threads.

Thanks,
nmslk

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Excellent suggestion.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I just bought my 350 roughly 6 weeks ago, so I am ready and primed to throw $5k-10k into the car. I have a few things in mind like a Wind Restrictor, lowering springs, stereo to name a few. Even though the 19" wheels are nice, I am on the fence on that one.
So bring on the GBs :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just to throw an alternative suggestion in, if we could find a product that a lot of members were looking to purchase maybe we could go with a large order and ask them to make a donation to the site.
I noticed that we didn't get close to braking even on the site costs last month and surely this kind of group buy would help all of us by keeping the site in the black.
Just a thought!

·
Premium Member
17,680 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me. I am about ready to purchase a Smart Top now. But with winter coming on I could hold off for a bit.

·
Registered
467 Posts
quote=Dave54;82042]Sounds like a great idea to me. I am about ready to purchase a Smart Top now. [/quote]

I'd be in.

I would also consider brake upgrades, springs and shocks / struts.
Anyone make urethane bushings?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Well I have been away for 3-months, but it looks like this thread died like the stock market.
I just sold my pickup last week and tomorrow will list my smart fortwo so I am still looking to upgrade the car. I have been searching FOREVER and can't find any articles on speakers ANYWHERE!!! I found just one custom install by FLEEP, but it only replaces 2 door speakers and adds a subwoofer. WHat happened to the other 5 speakers is unknown.......
So if this is SLK World, where are the Group Buys so we can do our part to help get the economy going again?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts