Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo allemaal,

Mijn naam is Jos en ik ben in het bezit van een zwarte SLK230k, ik woon in den haag in nederland. Ik hoop veel te lezen op dit slk forum.

Greetz Jos :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,453 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
"Hello all, My name is Jos and I possess a black SLK230k, I live in The Hague in the Netherlands. I hope to read alot on this slk forum. Greetings, Jos"

Welcome Jos!
I love The Hague - I used to fly with the P-3 Squadron at Valkenburg! The Netherlands and the Dutch are wonderful. Tried to send this in Dutch...but the internet translation has it's limits apparently. Ich kann aber Deutsch!

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
I love The Hague - I used to fly with the P-3 Squadron at Valkenburg! The Netherlands and the Dutch are wonderful.
I'm guessing you used Google translate for the Dutch version of this? Heh heh

"I hou van Den Haag. Ik vloog vroeger met het P-3 squadron in Valkenburg! Nederland en de Nederlanders zijn geweldig."

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Durk, you bet ya! Ich kann Deutsch aber Nederlandisch kann ich nicht. Just want him to feel welcome. Is the translation that bad?
It was pretty obvious :D.

"ik gebruikte om met P-3 Orion Eskader in Valkenburg te vliegen!"

This means "I was using in order to fly" instead of "I used to fly".

"de Nederlanders zijn groot."

This means "the Dutch are large" instead of "the Dutch are wonderful". :D

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
ok...pretty obvioius when you speak Dutch I guess...

wonderful came up as prachtig, which from my German didn't look good...so I tried great...

I suspected it would be way off...I used to own a japanese motorcycle!

would love a pm next time...thanks

Just thought it would be nice to welcome him in Dutch since he didn't use english...and why should he...it's the WORLD FORUM.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
He thought we're all multilingual. BTW, welcome from southern California.

Reactions: dutchbenz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm guessing you used Google translate for the Dutch version of this? Heh heh

"I hou van Den Haag. Ik vloog vroeger met het P-3 squadron in Valkenburg! Nederland en de Nederlanders zijn geweldig."

Your right, thanks for your welcome :biglaugh:
Greetz jos.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

Reactions: dutchbenz
1 - 18 of 18 Posts