Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search button please do not delete today I was cleaning my car and my grille finnnaly drove me nuts when I bought the car I did not notice the grille clips where you bolt it on are snapped so I removed the full thing and now am looking for a replacement I wanted to know everyone's thoughts for the best grill for my r170 amg so anyone help would be really appreciated I would like to order one tommrow so please help 8)

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,450 Posts
moving to r170 general discussion from general discussion

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She likes all the people here and she wants to look good is chrome gonna look cheesy I have never seen this car with aftermarket grille

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
omg there are SO many to choose from.. head to google and type in Mercedes R170 grille and then click the image section.. its fantastic! Also, search for the AMG and sport grilles.. for some reason many different types tend to populate each word you use differently in the searches. But the images will help you a lot so you can see what it will look like on your color 170. I originally picked some blinged out chrome monstrosity, UNTIL I saw what it would look like on my color car. That completely changed my thought process.

You'll also want to think outside the box on this one. My black grille has dictated [and will continue to do so] all the other mods on my car. The new lights, the new rims next year..the tail light modifications..everything.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I think that the chrome ones look nice on the silver cars. There was a lot of post from some else that was looking at grilles and very one posted a bunch of pictures. You might have to do a search on grilles on the site.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone sry for the delay cars been in the shop the coolant thing for the supercharger was timing out and it would turn off the supercharger but the grille just came in the mail from the uk chromium tech I believe is the company it's the r171 style looks clean it's only dry fitted here so it's still angled just brought it up to the car dealer so they can install it when they fix my car

Attachments

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Ohhh Steve/Tolak- missed that thread how did you do that? I see some chrome strip on Ebay but hadnt thought to do that with it. £140 on Ebay for a new grille is out of my grasp what with new tyres etc

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Thanks Steve quick and cheap makeover! I think i will try that for now
I have the 3m sticky on my bike gopro mounts and there is no- way they are coming off!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly please tell me where you got the grille it is the nice stone I ever saw mine I like maybe 70% at best but yours is what I was looking for

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.