Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if this go over your existing grill? or do you have to take the original grill off before this can go on (doesnt make sense since he original grill is part of the bumper, a one piece)?

Reason why I ask is that I ordered an aftermarket slk55 bumper and the grill part was missing.. leaving me with only the inner grill frame and no grill cover. Either I cut off the grill from my original(really don't want to since I may want to go back to stock) or this grill insert might work..

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...the tech from Mercedes said that it fits right ontop of the original existing trim.. Unfortunately, my aftermarket didn't come with an attached trim so what I had to do is buy the inserts and my shop is gonna have to custom fit it on the actual grill assembly.. It may be loose since its not on the trim so they may have to fill it with something to make a snug fit.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Well...the tech from Mercedes said that it fits right ontop of the original existing trim.. Unfortunately, my aftermarket didn't come with an attached trim so what I had to do is buy the inserts and my shop is gonna have to custom fit it on the actual grill assembly.. It may be loose since its not on the trim so they may have to fill it with something to make a snug fit.
Oh, I wasn't sure if I understood the problem correctly. Any pictures? If you're just buying trim that attaches to the original existing trim, what about just wrapping the trim to get the AMG look like you are doing with the front bumper?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll see what I can do about pics.. The current OEM amg bumper consists with the trim and bumper all as one piece. The bumper I'm getting is a full bumper but with out the trim.. Meaning that I have to buy the inserts to go onto the clad of the grill assembly.. Without it my grill would look bare..

Problem I'm having is that the inserts go over the existing trim.. Without the existing trim, I'm not sure if the insert will fit snugly.

I hope that makes sense.. One way or another I bought the inserts in hopes that will fit on the flaps without the OEM trims..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.