Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look's like this is the 10th intro message is the last hour, so it will probably get lost in the noise, but it is nice to see so many people with good taste.
We (My wife and I) have just bought a 2006 SLK 200 - 10 years old but less than 100,000 Km on the clock so definitely only driven on weekends (Assuming the digital odometer is tamper proof).
I will probably need some advice, help and guidance as I come to terms with "Her" so as I have already done a few searches for information, and this forum topped the results each time, joining was a no brainer.
I don't have any actual questions at the moment, and I hope that I can eventually contribute in some way, but for now I am here for fellowship.

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
Hi Chris, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

Some great R171 info, including Owner’s/Maintenance/COMAND manuals, etc.:
Don’t forget to lube those seals:
Download your car’s brochure:
Mods you should think about doing to your SLK:
  • SmartTop: What is this SmartTOP all the members keep talking about?
  • Shorty antenna
  • LED license plate bulbs and parking lights
  • Chrome/stealth indicator bulbs (still flash orange, but removes the ‘fried egg’ look from your headlight housings)
  • OEM windscreen or Lighted/etched windscreen
Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
  • Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
    FREE!! How to get a free data card!
  • If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
  • If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
  • Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
  • Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
  • New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
  • Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
Thank you
Dave

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,731 Posts
Hi Chris,

Welcome from Wirral, England.

Your intro won't get lost in traffic.

Although it may disappear from the front page,
plenty of members check out the newbies list and post a welcome
over several days.

Also, if any minions spot a low post number on an intro we can always give it a bump.

Why not add a photo of the car to your intro thread.

Pics get attention.

Enjoy your time here.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Chris from southern California.

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,292 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com from Northern California
:burnout::Beer:

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,292 Posts
I don't have any actual questions at the moment said:
You can vote in the ROTM :D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,305 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
191 Posts
Welcome Chris to the SLK World Forum from sunny Avondale, AZ. Yes, you will find many wonderful people on this site to offer their knowledge and experience on all issues SLK ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Chris from darkest Old Hampshire in the UK, well it will be now the clocks have gone back!
No doubt you will get plenty of Top Off weather down there! Good luck with your new toy!

Mike

·
Registered sold both-> SLK350, SLK '55
996 Posts
Welcome from Athens Greece.
Enjoy this great forum.

Tapatalking

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,357 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcome messages, this forum certainly has a global reach.

Just browsing the forum last night I discovered the "Mechanical Key" so being here has already had a major payback.

For those who requested a photo (and to practice uploading it) here is one as delivered.

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered sold both-> SLK350, SLK '55
996 Posts
Nice car and nice wheels!
How is the ride on these 19s?

Tapatalking

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,258 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts