Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just bought my first Mercedes and it's a nifty 2006 SLK280: Artic white with red seats/doors. It's actually for my wife. My toy is a 2008 Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe. But, I really enjoy driving the SLK. I have never felt anything like it. Back in the 70's and 80's I've had a Datsun (Nissan) 280Z and a Mazda RX7 but don't remember having the solid feel and elegance of this baby. The hard-top convertible is what sold me. Cruzin the beaches of Fort Lauderdale with the top down is a blast.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Reidmart1 and thanks for being a supporting member.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,373 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Now get the smarttop!!! from the slkstore above!!!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona! Let me know if you want to move here because ColdShot and I are like the only members in AZ and we could use a good fellow like yourself in our area. :Beer:

David, I have a new strategy. Instead of brow beating all the current AZ SLK owners, we'll just recruit from other states! :tu:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Another welcome from Atlanta! I too have a Harley and a 55! And both are all mine....'cept the wife steals the 55 every now and then:biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Welcome Neighbor!

Don't be afraid to say hello! And, if you ever want to bring it for an autocross or a track day let me know. Heck, even if you just want to see one go around the track, send me a private message and I will send you contact information.

Autocross is safe for your car, does not give it wear more than normal driving to the grocery store. I can prove this as my other half drives like an old lady and we had two cars exactly the same, on same tires, and me autocrossing did not give any more wear even on the tires. How? Well at under a minute a lap, you are driving your car hard for 5 minutes or under. Less then a grocery store run and back.

More importantly, it improves your accident avoidance skill and teaches you the car's limits and how it feels when it gets close to them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.