Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just joined this site today and already have learned a ton of info. I'm heading to LA next week to pick up my first Mercedes - 2007 Silver/Black SLK55 - and I'm chomping at the bit to drive it back to Seattle. I've been a member of 6Speedonline for a while and currently own a 2005 all black Carrera S and a 2008 meteor gray Cayenne S. I am definitely interested in any and all info and recommendations you all care to offer. Looking forward to hanging out here!!!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Hi and welcome from Virginia. Nice collection of cars. I was behind a maroon Carrera S yesterday on the interstate. Looked great from the side and rear. Congratulations and enjoy your 2007 SLK 55 and your trip home.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,458 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at Arms

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, what a very nice welcome to the forum! Sure, I'm already taking a look at the SmartTop and a couple other ideas. Thanks for the greetings from Eugene - will probably overnight there next Friday. Have stayed there before at a Courtyard right next to a local (tasty) brewpub.

And, a special thanks and greeting to Jeff - hooah.

Jim F
MSG USA Ret

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,458 Posts
Thanks Jim and thank you for your service!

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome from southern California. I don't know if you'll be around for the April 30th event in Huntington Beach.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,437 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. Check out the SLK NW Group under the clubs section of the forum. We are always doing something in the Seattle area.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,789 Posts
JFRANKLIN
Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts Invites you to attend your first roadtrip on your way back home to Seattle Wa. Stop by and attend the drive. It will be fun.
Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, April 30Th, 2011 for display of their cars at 10:00 A.M. in the parking lot of Arden Town Shopping Center - Starbuck's parking lot, 610 Watt Avenue, Sacramento (we will meet on the north side of the parking lot adjacent to San Lucas Way):
We will leave around 11:00 on a California back roads drive through spring wildflowers down to Ione and back around to Galt. We will have lunch at the Sqeeze Inn 545 Industrial Dr., Galt, CA 95632

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I spend a lot of time at 6speedonline as well. You'll enjoy it here, a lot of information to read, will keep you busy for awhile. +1 on the smarttop, I can't live w/o mine.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome from central Kentucky. I also encourage you to consider the purchase of a SmartTop. It is a very neat useful mod and will turn heads when you operate the top from a distance. Your car as it stands will draw a lot of looks, attention and comments. The SmartTop is just icing on the cake. Just as a side-note - one night last week, I had an occasion that I overnighted in Louisville, KY. Just by coincidence, my room on the fourth floor overlooked where I had parked my car. As I was admiring my car from this new vantage point, a man and a woman passed by walking to their car. Just as a joke (and to see if the top would receive a command from this distance) I hit the "open" combination on the key and as the top responded, I thought the couple was going to have a heart attack! They looked all around to see where the person was that was doing this magical deed. Never did they think to look up. I tried it on two other occasions, but none was as much fun as the first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure feels like a great forum with proud SLK owners! Glad I joined. So I'm getting my backpack ready and heading to LA Thurs AM to pick up my SLK and heading back north to Seattle. Wish me luck.. Encino MBZ just PPI'd the car and fixed a few items under warranty and all came out fine. I'll be taking care of a few mods as soon as I get back home and having the car detailed by the best in the Northwest - Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue, WA. I plan to take the SLK to the Exotics @ Redmond Towne Center on May 7. If you're close to Seattle, it is a great opportunity to meet a lot of car folks and see some really incredible rides - come join us!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts