Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks;

New member here that is currently looking to purchase an SLK. This has been a great place to get informed and I have already meet some incredibly helpful and nice people... and even right in my backyard (Der Flieger). I suspect friendships are forming that will last a life time... and isn't that what being a car enthusiast is really all about?

I am a bit of a self professed car nut and I look forward to learning about and owning an SLK. Frankly never thought I would own a Mercedes Benz, but I must admit MB has been doing a great job in the last 10 years getting their cars to appeal to my more "sporty" side. The SLK, SL, the C class, the SLS have all become cars that I now notice.

As a hobby, I teach high performance driving at the track, and while the SLK will definitely not be a track toy (its more for my wife and I to experience open air motoring and enjoy outings with new friends), I do look forward to a few sessions seeing what she can do at Calabogie Motorsports Park or Le Circuit Mt. Tremblant (once I find a suitable car that is!)

That's it for now, best Regards from Ottawa Canada;
Eric

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,274 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
297 Posts
Welcome from Orlando! If you have the budget, go for an SLK55!! I've driven (and raced) many cars, and it is the most enjoyable little beast I've ever driven (apologies to my WRX)... It has all the things one might like about a Benz: elegance, beauty, style, comfort & panache, as well as all those things one might like about a driver's car: (brutal) acceleration, high handling limits & ride (just make sure you put some Michelin Super Sports on it!)... Go ahead, you'll thank me later...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone... and thanks for the tip discoduck, will do!

BTW, looks like my search has ended... 2005 SLK350 - Pewter with Java Leather low low miles...will post pics once she is here! :)

Cheers;
Eric

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome aboard from Ohio. We have a great group of folks here ready to answer any question they can. It's been a great help for me.

Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts