Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me introduce myself.
I bought my SLK from Ridgeway's in Southampton in January. Excellent service and deal; thoroughly recommend them. I changed from a Honda S2000 and immediately noticed how much more useable the SLK is as an every day car.
I've got the Sport Pack, the red stitching and the bigger wheels convinced me.
I've had rear parking sensors put on, a hardwire for the SatNav in the cubby above the radio (some have cupholders there) and a Pure Highway DAB unit hard wired into the glove locker. Needs to be louder though!
Any ideas on how I can make that happen?
Despite its reputation the English weather has been good enough for the top to be down most of the time.
Anyone else local to me (12 miles north of Winchester)?
Geoff

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,481 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

What type of slk?

Please update your vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Welcome from the "Top Of The Hill Country" TEXAS ! No top down here , temps have beem running 105 to 110 all summer .

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi from Lichfield - hope you manage to get the volume boost you're after. Congrats on the SLK, sounds like a beauty!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got the volume boost, by disconnecting the aux in and using DAB radio's FM frequency transmission to get the signal to the car radio.
As loud as I like now and I haven't noticed a loss of quality.
Fingers crossed that will sort it - thanks to Woolly.

Hi from Lichfield - hope you manage to get the volume boost you're after. Congrats on the SLK, sounds like a beauty!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts