Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a beautiful 2006 SLK 280 in mint condition from a guy in Houston. I have been following this forum for several months, and finally found a SLK that was pristine. I have always owned domestic cars and trucks, although I just purchased a new Acura MDX for the wife.

I am enjoying the SLK 280 more than I thought I would. I actually tried to by a Porsche Boxster for the past year with no luck. I think the SLK is a much more luxury car than the Boxster.

Looking forward to meeting lots of SLK owners. I have the only SLK in this area!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from Carlsbad, CA.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Very nice. Welcome to the forum from San Diego, CA. I enjoyed your fine city a few years ago although I avoided driving during daylight :) You have some bad, bad traffic!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,408 Posts
Littlerascal56,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

I feel the same way - found a beautiful '06 SLK 280 and it was my first M-B as well. Absolutely love driving it !

Your challenge my friend, will be to find curvy roads and mountains which make it even more fun to drive ! Sounds like a Road Trip is in order !

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigain via Dallas Texas.......

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Welcome from Maryland! I would agree with you on the more luxurious part, my boss has a Boxster and he complains about the stiff suspension.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome

Thanks to all for the welcome! I don't have too many winding roads in Kansas, as the Interstate system is one big straight 4 lane. We do have a 75 mph speed limit, so I can open up the SLK somewhat. The previous owner said he took it to 130 thru Oklahoma!

I agree that we have some of the worse drivers in the country here in Kansas. I am a electric utility manager and drive 25-30K miles per year, so I get to experience those bad drivers daily. Keeps you on your toes!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
You're going to love the SLK - a superior car in every respect I think. And you're going to love the hardtop. Do you have airscarf? It will add to your "season". You may want to upgrade the wheels and tires to 350 standard.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Welcome from Indy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts