Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, SLK World. I want to thank you for all the content contained on the forum herein. It's a bit of a long story, but while looking for something to get me around in a new city (because public transit in and around Phoenix, AZ leaves a lot to be desired) that wasn't a Honda Civic or something else equally uninspiring, I happened across an ad for an ultra-low mile (averaged less than 4,000 miles a year), one-owner '99 R170 SLK 230 Sport package. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but after a test drive, I was hooked. After a certified Mercedes mechanic signed off, I took possession. I then graduated from lurker status on this page to member status.

I initially found this forum after searching for information about puckering on the headliner, what it indicated, and how much the headliner was to replace. It was also nice to know that replacing mirrors seems to be a common thing with R170s.

There are a few things I want to do to the car, but for now, just enjoying it. I'll get around to posting some photos as well. Don't know if I'll go crazy with mods, but this smart roof I see posted about is certainly intriguing. I've also bookmarked the local Arizona SLK Club, and hope my travel schedule allows me to attend an event here and there.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,802 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
900 Posts
Welcome from Southern Maryland. Can you drive by my mothers house in Litchfield Park and show her the SLK is not dangerous to ride in? She is visiting for a week next month.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,520 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Southern Maryland. Can you drive by my mothers house in Litchfield Park and show her the SLK is not dangerous to ride in? She is visiting for a week next month.
Haha- well, my SLK230 may not be dangerous, but I don't know if I could say the same thing about a similarly-sized car with a 5.5-liter V8 stuffed under the hood!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
900 Posts
Haha- well, my SLK230 may not be dangerous, but I don't know if I could say the same thing about a similarly-sized car with a 5.5-liter V8 stuffed under the hood!
Ssshhhh! Dont tell me mumsie!

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,283 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix. German Auto on 7th Str and Camelback is a really good Indy Shop if you ever need work done on your R170. I have been dealing with Eric for 15 Years. If I can be any help just Pm me.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from Phoenix. German Auto on 7th Str and Camelback is a really good Indy Shop if you ever need work done on your R170. I have been dealing with Eric for 15 Years. If I can be any help just Pm me.
Good to know, and I may take you up on that. Out of curiosity, anything going on with the Arizona SLK club? I posted in the thread yesterday, and so far nada.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hi and welcome from Southern England.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Found myself in front of a PC... so here's a few shots. I need to get out somewhere with a more scenic background for some real glamour shots.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts