Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been lurking on here for a bit and thought i should introduce myself. I do not currently own a SLK but i am looking. I have found one i like and am about to take it to the MB dealer for a check out. I have the carfax and it looks good. The VIN number is WDBKK65F93F283582. I have the check list that jbanks15 had listed in a different post printed out and ready. It only comes with one key so i will be buying a second key for it if i buy it, as i understand it you can only get them thru the MB dealer? Well i have rambled on too long thank you all for the vast amount of info that you have given me.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,940 Posts
Howdy!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year)(when u get one) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

someone will get u a data card shortly

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all so much for the warm greetings. And thank you for the data card now i just have to find out how to read it. And how do i "thank" someone on a post i have seen it done in other post but i havent seen a button to do it. well Thanks again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
East Tennessee that makes us neighbors maybe we can have a local area gathering. I am just outside of Birmingham, AL. i havent bought mine yet but i am going tomorrow to get it looked at by the MB dealership. is there anything i should look out for in the car? How good is the inspection done by the MB dealership? it is a 2003 320 with 111k miles.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
The dealers are generally pretty good - is this dealer likely to do the servicing for you if you buy it? If so, mention that - alot. Beyond and included in the MSgt's list, things that you can look at:
tire wear - SLKs are infamous for uneven tire wear (at least you'll know if you're in for a set of tires right away,
interior condition - yours is only an 03 (though by the mileage, thoroughly enjoyed),
condition of the front facia/air dam - again, infamous for taking hits from curbs (all curbs seem to be taller than the damn dam),
lights - function and condition of the lenses (again, shouldn't be hazy on an 03)
switches - everything works as advertised (roof, windows, locks, audio, CD, seats, seat heaters, AC)

Ask the dealer if you can "monitor" the inspection. They probably won't allow you in the bay, but in this weather there isn't a reason you couldn't stand by the door and watch.

Assume you've already taken it for an extended spin, with the radio off and roof up for squeaks and rattles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well you know what they say when one door closes another opens the car i was looking at was sold today, i was going to take it tomorrow for the check up. But there is a 2001 320 AMG with 48000 miles that came up forsale today for $12500. Now here is the big question what is the AMG package?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,940 Posts
let's see. side skirts, amg badge, what else guys?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts