Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joining. I live in Topeka, KS which is about an hour from Kansas City. I have an '05 SLK350. Not sure about all the terminology but the bells and whistles are alright by me:burnout:

It's dark green with the wood trim and creme colored interior. It has the seats that are heated as well as heat blowing out of the head rest that hits the neck. It also has the plexiglass wind barrier between the roll bars.

I recently purchased an iPhone4 and couldn't wait to sync it up with my car - woops! I have the phone features but not the wiring. To fix this problem I had a Pioneer (bluetooth enabled) navigation system installed - amazing!!!

I'm eager to learn more about my car so I have joined this site. I look forward to visiting often.

Any members from the Topeka or KC area?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
512 Posts
there are a few from the KC area (maybe 2 or 3 active members). I am originally from the KC area but moved to DC nearly 2 years ago. Welcome! post up some pics when you get some free time.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,639 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome from Sunny SoCal! We're a nice crowd and enjoy any new member that walks through these digital doors. Please, enjoy reading around and be sure to check out the search button! There are SO many things you would never have imagined that makes our cars so amazing.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,291 Posts
Welcome from Phx Az my mom has been in Topeka Ks for 30 + years. I came to Topeka when i moved to the States from Germany. I bet your Slk is one of the few Slks,s in town. Here are some historic sides of Topeka, Ks Washburn Uni. Poor Richards for breakfast and yes i know it is long gone. Theodores the bar in the basement that always had a good vipe on the wkends playing Jazz and Blues. Kevin Hoover from Topeka and Lee Mc Bee from Lawrence always ripped that bar apart with good music and let,s not forget the old strip joint called the Sasnak on North Topeka Blvd. they still have free Hot Dogs every night since i can remember . LOL what a small world. Good to have you here on this side

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the Warm Welcome Everyone!

What a nice group of people, thanks everyone!

@SLK350WDC: I put a pic on my profile and assumed it would show with my user id - must be the android that does that. I'll post some pics this afternoon in the photo gallery thread.

@Woolly: You're right, dark green is very rare - I haven't seen another one yet! I love that! Looks like yours is green as well? I wonder if it's the same color green as mine. I see yours is a 6 speed; mine is too! Love that! Shifting gears adds something special to the driving experience.

@Berliner: Way too funny. What a small world, indeed! My mother was from Koblenz, Germany. I remember going to Poor Richards as a kid and in my "wilder" days going there after the bars closed for some good eats. And you're right, very few SLKs in Topeka. In fact, I've only seen three. Two of them did not have local tags. The other one belongs to my sister. We might be the only two locally owned in town.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Welcome from Indy! You've found a great SLK home; Great people with a wealth of knowledge to share.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,844 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome, Lawrence KS

Hi,

I just joined myself. I have a 2001 Bahama Blue SLK230 and live in Lawrence. I work out at Forbes Field during the week but usually just drive the SLK on off days.

Cheers,

Derek

1 - 20 of 26 Posts