Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I pretty new to this thread( which I joined this thread a while back) ... I would like to introduce myself... Last summer me and my dad bought( dad helped me out most the most) a 2005 SlK 350 silver iridium and Ever since then it is also my first vehicle and my foremost dream car since fifth grade... Working hard in high school and saving up I knew that I could never afford such money..... till my dad was willing to give up his own truck :( for a car that I should've never owned... Till then hopefully someday I pay my dad back a tenfold.....:tu:.... And keep care of the car till the very last moment... Oh yeah and btw way thanks dad so much!:)

As a fifth grader in elementary school I would usually see Bmws, Mercedes and even a Porsche! past by everyday to school to pick their kids up..... Being the only kid that was different in the school and parents that brings an average amount of money... I was ostracized from other kids in the school... But that doesn't stop me from loving my family.

During the summer of my fifth grade year I remember my dad taking me to cosmos motors (shows off modded and sport cars.. That type of deal) for fun..:). As a family that has a history of driving Hondas and Toyotas and dreaming of owning a Toyota supra I cared less for other cars in the show. Till then I found a Mercedes slk on the lot.... After countless hours of starring at the vehicle I grown interest of other cars as well. Then I began to look up online of the slk350, after surfing on the web regardless I found many positive reviews of the car online.... Which thereafter became my favorite dream car.

Ever since then I began to put posters of the slk in my room ( which was free at the Mercedes dealership) and repetitive trips to the dealership I grown even more interest in the car.

What's even more exciting was driving the car itself.... Taking out to country roads I figured that it can out beat any other roadster such as the s2000, z4 and maybe even the Porsche boxster.

PS: for the love of driving cars.... Even slow cars too :burnout:

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Welcome from Madrid ...

Glad to see you appreciate , what you have , your family and the sacrifice they've made !

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,895 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your vehicle (year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’. Profile is NOT updated in your ‘garage’.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,826 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello from Brandon, FL

Recently bought a 2006 SLK 350. Love the car!
I am new to this forum as well.
Looking forward to sharing good information with you and the other members.
OBTW, my son just got his dream car. 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO. He is busy doing all the aftermarket modifications and having fun as well.
Welcome again.
Sincerely,
Gerry

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Welcome. We started a NC/SC SLK Group about four years ago. We generally meet quarterly in the Myrtle Beach area. Contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll give you more info and add you to our mailing list.

Len

1 - 20 of 21 Posts