Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greece . lefkada

640 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jbanks15 
#1 ·
Just come back from 2 weeks in Levkas, Greek Ionian Islands.

At least 4 different slk's there. Stopped next to one and asked if the guy was a member but he was probably too taken aback and had too little English to understand my attempts to get him to sign up here. Charcoal 200 R171.

Several 200's around Levkada island but after the first experience and lacking any cards with me on holiday I didn't bother.

At the height of the Greek monetary problems the EU leant heavily on the Greek government and one of the ways to take in more revenue that was put in place was to heavily tax 'luxury' cars, or at least anything with an engine over about 2.5l. The net result is very, very few bigger cars. All of the SLK's I saw were 200's.

I dearly want to take the 55 down to Greece, some of the new roads that the EU has funded would be a complete blast and apart from that the chance to blow the hubcaps off some of the 'rice burners' the local car nuts have to contend with is just too appealing.

On the other hand the hire car I had got knobbled in the car park at Sivota. Someone reversed in to it and caused about a grands worth of damage. What blew me away was he left a noteunder the wiper with all his details and accepting full responsibility for the damage so I will get my excess back!

See less See more
#2 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.