Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Newly added today great spec SLK55 on UK Autotrader, seems to have almost everything (except AirGuide and Aluminium headrests) and low miles, however price is a bit high for 2012 car. It also has designo black and white seats, extended leather and performance pack. Could be good buy for someone who's looking for special car. I would be tempted myself if it was a bit newer or cheaper.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809170580320

Reg plate DL62UMV if someone wants to check MOT history and mileage. Looks like the first owner didn't drive it in winter and did only 5K miles in 3 years.

Moderator edit for non-owned cars see
https://www.slkworld.com/slk-cars-sale/530557-cars-not-owned-members.html

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Like around £10,000 less.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Lovely looking car, but top priced.

Opinions on the partial beige leather interior?

M
Not to my liking but then my wife picks out my clothes (so they match :surprise: :wink: )

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 2012 did not come with distronic if a SLK55, and it might not have the Comand that supports the rear cam - I just bought a 2013 similar equipt (actually the same) 14,000 mile SLK55 in the states for $36,000 - I'm getting the rear cam added tomorrow ($600) as my comand does have the ability to support the rear cam. The 'parktronic' is stupid, I had four cars that had automatic parking, thus one on the SLK I tried - not automatic and twitchy.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
The 2012 did not come with distronic if a SLK55, and it might not have the Comand that supports the rear cam - I just bought a 2013 similar equipt (actually the same) 14,000 mile SLK55 in the states for $36,000 - I'm getting the rear cam added tomorrow ($600) as my comand does have the ability to support the rear cam. The 'parktronic' is stupid, I had four cars that had automatic parking, thus one on the SLK I tried - not automatic and twitchy.
I beg to differ. The 55 had Distronic as an option from the start. It was dropped late 2012 after an incident in Germany on the Autobahn. But the early models could be ordered with this option, at least in the EU. Obviously all the parts are still listed and the electronics do support it even in 2014-2015 models. I've installed it myself and it works. All command versions supplied on the SLK have the ability for a rear cam. It just the model 20's that don't have a female plug on the back that won't allow an extra input like a cam. The parktronic is useless; agreed.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
No Distronic, Blind Spot Assistant, Rear view cam. There are options to be added!
I don't believe there was an option of rear cam in SLK55 UK. Distronic and Blind Spot was part of Driving Assitance Package. I never cared for any of these options so I wouldn't even notice lack of it.

Well, we'll see how fast it will go. Or maybe price will drop. It's almost perfect spec for me, but Performance Package make suspension a bit too hard. With such small mileage, the car probably never seen Autobahn which is a bit of shame. Such a beast not used that often.

"AMG Performance Package includes compound brakes for the front wheels, AMG Performance suspension, AMG rear-axle limited slip differential lock for optimum road holding, and AMG Performance steering wheel with nappa leather/Dinamica microfibre trim."

-----
Apparently posting links to ads is not allowed and my thread was moved somewhere, where it won't help anyone. I won't bother again then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.