Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Thought I'd give my 2c on my Windrestrictor purchase :)

I bought mine in December last year, quick and easy and I believe very reasonably priced. Shipping to South Africa was reasonable and very quick as well.

I only got around to installing it in January after getting back from holiday.

I cannot stress enough that I am ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE with this kind of stuff, I'm a tech guy, not mechanical in any way shape or form.

Even I was able to easily install the WindRestrictor without any issues. The only 1 tiny negative is that the cap on 1 of the screw coverings snapped off the first time I opened it... But that doesn't affect anything and you can hardly tell :)

It's made a huge difference with the top down at speeds of 100kmph+ . My left ear used to take a beating with the wind swirling around in the cabin, this is a thing of the past. Wind noise is down, it seems to be funnelled much better as well and all round a much better driving experience.

Of the mods I've done so far, this one has been the best bang for buck :)

Now if you guys would only hurry up with your side sills :biglaugh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I just installed mine, too! As for actually trying it out at speed, either I was chained to my desk at work or the weather in Sydney wasn't really conducive to driving top down. Rain... :(
The Windrestrictor seems to be a real quality jobbie and a lot of thinking went into making it easy to install. I just got the plain, fully transparent one, without lighting bling. The sales support was excellent and they shipped it in next to no time at all. I'm quite happy.
It was very quick to fit it - followed by much fiddling to re-fit the storage box cover & screws. At one point I even dropped one of the screws and had to root around, trying to find it under the seat. Arrgh!
I'll see how it goes - I can hardly wait! :burnout:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts