Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to update the Gracenote database on Comand?? Its a real pain not to have any of my new albums recognised. I know this is a pretty trivial issue but it does bug me a bit. Thanks for any advice.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,433 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location.
Also, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
I don't think COMAND is using the Gracenote database system actually, i thought it read the information directly off the CDs that have it(which it very rarely actually has). I may be wrong on this though.

·
96,433 Posts
I agree with you. It reads gracenote data but does not communicate with the internet/database. i also could be wrong! lol!

Gracenote, Inc. formerly called CDDB (Compact Disc Data Base) is a company that maintains and licenses an Internet-accessible database containing information about the contents of audio compact discs. It provides software and metadata to businesses that enable their customers to manage and search digital media. Gracenote provides its media management technology and global media database of digital entertainment information to the mobile, automobile, portable, home, and PC markets. Several computer software applications that are capable of playing CDs, such as Winamp and iTunes, use Gracenote’s CDDB technology. Gracenote’s database was originally created from and continues to receive voluntary contributions from users.

In addition to its CD track-identification system, Gracenote operates a digital file identification service which allows digital music files (such as MP3s) to be identified, and a media management service for the generation of playlists, and recommendation of music.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Command simply reads "CD text" from CDs that have it - not many do, although if you burn your own with ITunes or another program you can include the CD text so that Command will show the album and track names. Hope this helps!

·
96,433 Posts
zackly what noo joisey says!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
HI, Not sure where you are reading your music from (ipod/ mp3) or the 'pedigree' of your music catalog... but if you havent found this yet... it is well worth it. This is a plug in for itunes that 'repairs' tag data/ album art. and it is reasonably priced.

http://www.tuneupmedia.com/

It cleans everything on your collection at itunes and your actual library. I have 300+G of music and it did a great job. Well worth it for $30

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.