Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up this afternoon, drove home 80 miles and it was beautiful. SO pleased it runs so smoothly.

I'm now the very proud owner of a SLK 230 Kompressor R170, silver. Black & cream interior. :bannana:

My very first SLK - and it won't be the last :)

BRING ON SUMMER - WOOOHOOOO!! :hb:

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,669 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Now wipe that silly grin off your face. :) :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,233 Posts
Congrats! but alas and alack I must move your post to the appropriate section, r170 general discussion.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Congrats...I hope you had a sunny day for it! Welcome from Ottawa Canada.

How about some pics, then?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,233 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats!

I've had mine a week now, and I still love it. If just this ¤&#% snow would melt away... :)

Driving an SLK in falliing snow just seems kind of ... wrong.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congratulations. I had my eye set on 2005 350 and got up at 7 am on Saturday (not my regular time) and drove 3.5 hour to see it.. only to be told it was sold evening before.

This is a second time in last 2 weeks. I have an impression you should never tell the dealer you are not local. They played this game that car is available until you show up and its magically gone, but of course since you drove so far why dont you look at their lot they have nice 1998 huyndai and 2003 honda and 2004 toyota....

back to the drawing board.. I mean: used cars' websites.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,920 Posts
Hi TPFringe, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Congratulations on your beautiful new car. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin' (once the weather clears).

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,950 Posts
Hi and welcome from central Florida, USA!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from Alberta. I used to drive my Sunbeam Alpine with the top down through rain and snow but it had a tonneau cover and I had hair!!

·
Registered 2003 SLK320
613 Posts
Congrats!

I've had mine a week now, and I still love it. If just this ¤&#% snow would melt away... :)

Driving an SLK in falliing snow just seems kind of ... wrong.
Its also dangerous as I found out on the 20th Jan when I had my first ever car crash in 40 years of driving. Just ***** foot the car in any snow or icy conditions. I get mine back on the 29th of this month and tho she bit me I cant wait to drive her again the only car ive ever owed that makes me smile when I drive it.

Dave

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.