Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And oh my god am I in love. Like so so so so so in love. I have fallen so hard.
This is the best thing ive done since i got married. It feels like such a selfish buy but I genuinely don't car, as I keep on being reminded life is very short and you cant take it with you.

Thanks to everyone on here for all the help throughout. Oh and thanks for being so patient with me with me asking all my questions !!! No doubt they'll be more coming in the coming weeks/months

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
California Dreamin
2006 SLK 280
13,775 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations !!!!!

I hemmed and hawed forever trying to decide whether to buy one or not.
Then I figured. I worked my buns off for 45 years and gosh darn it I deserve it.

Y)

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
47 Posts
And oh my god am I in love. Like so so so so so in love. I have fallen so hard.
This is the best thing ive done since i got married. It feels like such a selfish buy but I genuinely don't car, as I keep on being reminded life is very short and you cant take it with you.

Thanks to everyone on here for all the help throughout. Oh and thanks for being so patient with me with me asking all my questions !!! No doubt they'll be more coming in the coming weeks/months

Wonderful news congratulations! I have only had mine for a few weeks also and fully understand the thrill of it, these are amazing cars. Enjoy, Warren

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Guys (and Gals)

So two days into ownership and I love but I do have a couple of issues and wouldnt mind some advice

1. When I originally test drove the car it seemed to pull left a bit. Theyve put new tyres on it but it still seems to pull left a bit. Im thinking i should check tyre pressures but if theyre okay do you think i should consider returning it back for them to have a look

2. The boot opens and shuts fine, but the actual shutting motion is a bit clunky and ive noticed that one side of the boot is slightly higher(more raised if you run your hand across the rear wing and the boot itself) than the other when its closed. Now I never paid much attention to this at first. Having also looked at the boot, the whole boot looks brand new. Like the closing mechanism, the boot seals inside the boot itself (on the side) but the back seals ones look used.

Now the garage assured me that the car hadnt been in an accident but I'm now worried that it may have been :(

Am i being silly....

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
let them adjust the rubber bumpers on the trunk
and for the pull, check tire pressure and let them give it a 4 wheel alignment besides tire balancing

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Hey Guys (and Gals)

So two days into ownership and I love but I do have a couple of issues and wouldnt mind some advice

1. When I originally test drove the car it seemed to pull left a bit. Theyve put new tyres on it but it still seems to pull left a bit. Im thinking i should check tyre pressures but if theyre okay do you think i should consider returning it back for them to have a look

2. The boot opens and shuts fine, but the actual shutting motion is a bit clunky and ive noticed that one side of the boot is slightly higher(more raised if you run your hand across the rear wing and the boot itself) than the other when its closed. Now I never paid much attention to this at first. Having also looked at the boot, the whole boot looks brand new. Like the closing mechanism, the boot seals inside the boot itself (on the side) but the back seals ones look used.

Now the garage assured me that the car hadnt been in an accident but I'm now worried that it may have been :(

Am i being silly....
You're not being silly at all. If the seals look too new, they probably are. The only way you'd be able to tell is by using a paint depth gauge on the boot lid paint. If it's MUCH thicker than the paint on the test of the car then it's 99.9999% certain it's been resprayed. Any good car detailer will have a paint depth gauge. I'll be in Thetford next weekend if you want to borrow mine. It wouldn't be difficult to meet half way at Stowmarket or something.

You could also try and contact the previous keeper to ask if the car was damaged while in their possession. It's almost certainly a business address though.

One fairly important point though - the dealer only assured you it wasn't an insurance categorised write-off. They couldn't really know if it had been repaired or not. Even if it has been repaired, as long as it's been done properly it shouldn't really be a problem.

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 cdi
95 Posts
Hey Guys (and Gals)

Am i being silly....
In my opinion, a car with that mileage should not have these issues if accident free.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.