Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so very sad to report that our friend Gregg has passed away suddenly. He is survived by his beloved wife Linda and son Thomas (serving in the USAF ). Gregg had a varied background and most recently provided counseling and guidance to teens in a local high school as well as teaching introductory psychology at a nearby college. He had hoped to retire this spring.

Gregg owned a silver 171 facelift nick named Challenge. Her personified a lot of the characteristics of most members here - a lust for life, a helping hand and ready to make friends. When I first bought our SLK and announced we would be driving back via STL and IND Gregg (and Mark G) came forward suggesting we meet enroute. There he (and Linda) was as promised on an overpass in the middle of the mid-west, bigger than life, a huge smile and an earnest handshake. Since then we've been long distance friends. Simply put he was good people - loving husband and father, scholar and teacher, poet and philosopher, friend to many and patriot. I will miss him.

(a word of advice... do things you want to do. Gregg and I often talked of catching a ball game together; my biggest regret, we never did. Tell people you care about them, tell people you love them - every day)

JJ out

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,163 Posts
Gregg was a great friend and member and we 'chatted' often.
I will miss him.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Sad news indeed ...

Sorry to hear it

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Our sincere prayers for the family.
We know Gregg is in a much much better place.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My father passed in August and my West highland Terrier in Feb, sorry for your news.. you just have to appreciate your friends and family and make the most of every day. Kevin

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
I was honored to share a breakfast table with Gregg and Linda a few years back at our SLK Midwest meet in Indy. What a gentleman and true champion, helping youth in his community. He loved life, as he did his mercedes. I was in awe of his zest for life and love of Challenge, what an immaculate slk. He will be missed greatly by this forum.

Condolences to the family, and muck thanks to JJ for providing the sad new so eloquently. Greg.

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
714 Posts
Thoughts and prayers to all...

Never knew him but through this forum, by default, he became 'family' - and in our times of need family take precedence

Godspeed

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,124 Posts
A final note perhaps... Gregg was a great fan of Nico Rosberg... I am sure he's smiling, or perhaps he pulled some strings, to see Nico win this year's F1 title...

JJ
Such a well-loved and respected man ...will surely have had some influence up above..:wink::wink::wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts