Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have had a fabulous year with our lovely R170, but decided last weekend that it was time to move on.

It seems quite apt that we finally waved Goodbye to her just before Easter, as we bought her just before Easter last year.

I'll freely admit that I felt quite emotional seeing her for the last time on Thursday, as she sat gleaming in the sun.

Goodbye, SLK. :(

Hello SLK :rb

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
And I get to say....wait for it.....
Please update your profile (model)!!!!
Congratulations!

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Nice upgrade ...

Cheers
Sean

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Will you be able to handle such an increase in power? :D :tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! :)

It's been pretty frustrating, buying a new car and then having to work so we've not really had a chance to get out and drive her as she deserves. We did go for a Maccy D's after work the other night....20 miles away, just so we could check out the see-round-corners lights. :biglaugh:

Off out for a full days driving today, so will finally have a chance to enjoy her. :bannana:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Congratulations, nice car...Hope you enjoy your new R171...:biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got home after a great day out. What can I say but....'WOW'. I loved our R170, but this car just seems in a different league. We didn't do as many miles as we would have liked as we were committed to social stuff today, but managed enough to have us grinning from ear to ear.

Couple of pics.

Sporting Bears meet first thing. Yes, Woolly, Big Bear was there! :)

After a short bimble with them we peeled off to meet my Mum and Stepfather for lunch, then had a pleasant amble home through the villages.

I'm sure Pete will be along sooner or later to give his impressions as the driver. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,414 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Not a bad idea to get a new one every year. That way you don't have to change the oil.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.