Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a number of increasing offers from We Buy Any Car I have decided to let her go!

Only done 2k miles this year so hardly worth insuring and extended warranty

Just taken the private plate off and waiting for the new V5 before the deed is done.

They offered £32,320 and after inspection knocked £290 off for a few stone chips and a chip in one alloy.

Going to cry when I hand the keys over :cry:

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
23 Posts
We Buy Any Car have been doing the same to me, why are they going up so much in price? Is it just because they don’t make them anymore?

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
476 Posts
In Holland there is a 2017 SLC43 for sale with 48k miles on the clock for £43.500,-! Why sell if you don’t want to? Did they threaten you if you didn’t sell?:devilish:

·
Administrator (Canada)
22,250 Posts
Just a "for instance": drove by my local Toyota dealer yesterday: their lot is 75% EMPTY .

Same for Honda. They have got USED vehicles sitting in the line up. Not much to choose from, that's for sure.

Sure, you can get big bucks for your fairly new used unit. But unless you do NOT need a replacement..........

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG w/P30 (Malene)
247 Posts
At least in the US, I heard that selling used cars is good business these days. The shortage of computer chips makes it difficult to produce new cars. So many potential owners turn their eyes on used vehicles. This is why used car price is skyrocketing in the States.....
I was at the local Toyota dealer the other day picking up my son that was getting some work done on his truck. The used cars section was right next to where I parked, within 15 minutes 3 guys approached me asking if I was trading in my SLK55. I know for a fact my car has valued at $ 5k over what I paid since I bought it. 👍 💲

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
4,431 Posts
Just a "for instance": drove by my local Toyota dealer yesterday: their lot is 75% EMPTY .
Same for Honda. They have got USED vehicles sitting in the line up. Not much to choose from, that's for sure.
Same here, I visited two MB garages & one Nissan garage at the beginning of September and their used car area's where very empty... Now the Lease cars have come in (September & March is when here in the UK we have a new age related registration plate that creates spikes in sales) they are looking a bit more populated..

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG w/P30 (Malene)
247 Posts
I am being offered what I paid for it almost 5 years ago, for me, it’s the first time I have ever owned a car that has increased in price.
if you are not in a rush you can ride the wave until things get back to normal $ levels, but it also depends on what you are looking for next.
a friend of mine ordered one of the new E53 AMG's that have no drive belts (AMG-enhanced 3.0L inline-6 turbo with EQ Boost) the fancy blue color, and MB told him, it may be close to next summer before he may see it. :(

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
23 Posts
if you are not in a rush you can ride the wave until things get back to normal $ levels, but it also depends on what you are looking for next.
a friend of mine ordered one of the new E53 AMG's that have no drive belts (AMG-enhanced 3.0L inline-6 turbo with EQ Boost) the fancy blue color, and MB told him, it may be close to next summer before he may see it. :(
I’m not looking to sell the car, was just saying it’s a little crazy how much it has increased in price in the last 6 months, and to be honest I don’t fully understand why.

Reactions: Trev5

·
**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
4,056 Posts
Lack of new cars to sell and very low used inventory accounts for the price hikes of good/newish used cars. The dealers need something on their forecourts/lots to sell. Have noticed locally that main dealer franchises hereabouts are putting a variety of makes out just to fill some space where previously there would have only been their main focus vehicles.
Watched a clip from the BBC interviewing the INTEL boss chappie. He reckons things are starting to improve with regard to chip supply but he doesn't see a return to any kind of production 'normality' until 2023....

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43 AMG
8 Posts
After a number of increasing offers from We Buy Any Car I have decided to let her go!

Only done 2k miles this year so hardly worth insuring and extended warranty

Just taken the private plate off and waiting for the new V5 before the deed is done.

They offered £32,320 and after inspection knocked £290 off for a few stone chips and a chip in one alloy.

Going to cry when I hand the keys over :cry:
The slc43 2017 that I have just bought only did 2k miles in the same year and was sold to a dealer in October 2021. I wonder if it's the same car? What a coincidence that would be

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hi Annie,

Doesn't sound like my 43. I had the Polar White standard paint.
My car is still languishing in a garage down south in Hitchin at a dealers called Masons.
It has been on his lot since I sold to wbac last year.
It was originally up for around 36k but is now going for less than I received.

I did email him shortly after I saw the listing to alert him that it had Comand not Garmin but he failed to reply.

Hope it finds a good home
Enjoy yours !

regards

Tom

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43 AMG
8 Posts
Senior moment by Tadpole !

H20tgp is my alter ego on another forum.

The moral of the story is to not let your desktop rule your life and make decisions for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hi Tom
I saw your message the other day but then I couldn't find it to reply to until now. I saw the one at Masons when I was searching but some of the dealers weren't offering much warranty so I went with the MB dealer to get the 2 year warranty. It does look a nice one though. I'm enjoying mine at the moment. What did you replace it with?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts