Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I,me Russ from Warwickshire, England. Good to be here. Have a 99 SLK 230 so with its age i would imagine i will be here often. Been into Detailing for the last 20 years so like to keep it clean.

Cheers

Russ

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Hi Russ,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location (Warwickshire) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome from central Kentucky. There is a lot of detail advice on this forum - enjoy. You probably have some tips that you could share for the rest of us who have not been into detailing as long as you.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello from the Isle of Wight.

I polished a car once.

I've always wanted to know, why is the OCD version of polishing called detailing, can you explain?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello from the Isle of Wight.

I polished a car once.

I've always wanted to know, why is the OCD version of polishing called detailing, can you explain?
Detailing for me at least is exactly that. i will take each wheel off the car to clean under the arch and the inside of the wheel. That's the attention to detail i go for. Not OCD about it i just enjoy getting out and doing stuff to my car to make it look better. It chills me out. Think the term detailing came from the USA.

Hope this explains a little.

Do you like to keep your car nice?

Russ

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
For the newbies, here is my daily, yes I said daily ritual:

When I get to work at 6 am I clean my car (gel the tires, clean the windows, wipe the fenders, mist wax the car, clean the rims). This takes 10 mins. On the way home (top down of course) the adventure repeats itself like groundhog day. When I am back in my garage, I repeat the cleaning process again getting her ready for the next day but include a vacuum. With the love bug season, (they r out between 10 am and 3 pm), i clean those buggers off immediately as their body acid damages the paint.

talk about anal and ocd! My picture is in the dictionary!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts