Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote "To Be Blunt about it This site cost $$ to operate and if you feel the restrictions are too much for a free account. Do Not Let the Virtual Door hit you in the ASS when you leave.

Regards
Bill T"

Sadly Ill leave SLKworld to its own.
Its on my own principles that ill leave.

I have been happy to post articles, research links etc for R170 owners. I put a lot of my time into this when I can. I try to share my personel knowledge on more than one SLK forum.

This site seems to be mainly for the more affluent R171 people anyway.

This sites beginnings were as I saw it due to the way Benzworld was run with ads , bandwidth etc.

There is no greener grass.

Bye all

Bazzle :burnout:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Bye Bazzle. I can understand you very well. Losing a member is bad, losing knowledge is worse, losing both is worst. For you all the best :)

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:People come and go. Some by choice, some sell their cars and move to other forums. We've got some truly talented, knowledgeable people as members of this forum. Sorry, but as I see it, only two are truly essential and irreplaceable. That's' Bill and Dan. They're the foundation of SLKWorld. Everyone else are key ingredients that makes this forum exceptional and fun!:tu:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Big Bazzle, hate to see ya leave, we have enjoyed your input and value your time and expertise. If your concern is cost, I will sponsor your membership. If on the other hand, your concern is that some of us have fun even when we have no questions or comments about our cars, I can't help that. As a 170 owner, I feel at home here, never felt looked down upon or felt less a member than the person driving a brand new 80k car. Every person here now has a way to be involved, premium membership if you want or need the extra's or regular if you need only the basics. The compromises we all have discussed are for the continuation of this site. It is not fair to Bill to expect him to fund this site alone. He has done much more than the good business person, most would have cut the loses and gone away, Bill asked us to help and we are trying. All should understand that everything good and fun costs money, if we choose to participate we should help support the venue otherwise there are less fun, less friendly sites. B, you will always be a welcomed person here, I have gained much from your efforts and the 170 community is better off for the time you put in.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Well said 412driver.

Bazzle, all the best and we shall miss your expertise in the R170 section. I enjoyed reading the technical stuff and have learnt a lot.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I echo Doug and Eddy Bazzle!

You have been a huge help to my understanding of my car from the very beginning when I first started reading your posts at Benzworld, before I even knew about SLKWorld. Then to have you here inputting as well made for all the more growth in my knowledge. The information Dan gives is superb, but some of your approaches have a sort of "MacGyver" feel. Being somewhat a MacGyver myself, I appreciate you.

You will still hear from me...even if I have to login to Benzworld to me heard. :usa:

Thanks for everything Bazzle! Honestly!! Y)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
:confused:People come and go. Some by choice, some sell their cars and move to other forums. We've got some truly talented, knowledgeable people as members of this forum. Sorry, but as I see it, only two are truly essential and irreplaceable. That's' Bill and Dan. They're the foundation of SLKWorld. Everyone else are key ingredients that makes this forum exceptional and fun!:tu:
Im sorry to say that, but this is nonsense. I see Bill and Dan here asking and answering alone. Essential for a forum is every member and interchangeable too. But if you dont respect the single person, how can you respect the group which is build up by single persons?

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
All I can say is "THANKS BILL" and I'm staying!!!!!:tazz:

You have built a Quality site here and kept it that way. The Membership represents that same Quality.

Keep up the Great work!:rb

SLKman:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Im sorry to say that, but this is nonsense. I see Bill and Dan here asking and answering alone. Essential for a forum is every member and interchangeable too. But if you dont respect the single person, how can you respect the group which is build up by single persons?
:confused:If this is a response to my post, I don't understand what you're implying.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
pity Bazzle.
however i do not see why you are posting up to say sorry im leaving.
The site is still free, and you could just use it when the mood takes you.
No need to say you will never return.
however good luck and im sorry you feel this way.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
It's sad to see members leave such as our dear friend Bazzle, I just hope we could be fortunate to speak to him in other forums from time to time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.