Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
:grin:

Hi all and greetings!

I'm loving my new toy. No way I thought 5 days ago I'd be driving this beast! Through a chain of amazing events, I got an SLK350 - 2005 Manual and I love her. I wanted a manual because I like getting to know my car properly - ****, I'm having fun getting to know this sexy little creature. When you work her properly, you know it (just like us women).

I'm already thinking of my next MB... 55AMG. I suppose when you have an upgrade from an MG to an SLK, the 55 is only around the corner :grin:

Looking forward to getting to know my way around the forum, the members, knowledge on SLK's, etc...Plus hopefully a bit of banter along the way.

:x

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,118 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

owner's and maintenance manuals great R171 info:

later year owner's/maintenance/comand manuals, top right in the link below:
Bill's Den: Documents

your brochure:
Mercedes Brochure Archive

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

clear or tinted side markers
shorty antenna
led license plate bulbs
led parking lights
carbon fiber on the C pillars
oem windscreen or lighted/etched windscreen
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
Evening and welcome ...

Take a 55 for a test drive if you can ... it'll be an eye opener...

·
Super Moderator
14,077 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did I get there?

Ok, so... I've been asked to say how I went from an MG to an SLK.

In January , we went from a 1 car family to a 2 car family. I bought an old, mint, Peugeot 306. In march I was woken at 4am by a neighbour. Someone had crashed into my car and written it off. Soft top time... I bought the MG.

In January, I also went from being a receptionist at a gentleman's club, to owning my own. This was down to a business meeting in Eccles that was arranged through my work colleague and dear friend, at the time, now business partner. A client had expressed interest in helping myself and business partner, open our own premises. The meeting in Eccles was a dragons den kind of meeting and the client "Mr Manc", agreed to help us, because he could and wanted too. I made a very special, dear friend on that day.

Last week, the gasket went and I really didn't want to spend a penny on it. I was looking around for a replacement MG and Mr Manc (as he is referred to in my blog) offered to help me buy a car. I said no, I'm funny about things like that... Anyway, he visited me at work and insisted that I'm not driving an MG because they're death traps... He bought me an SLK as a present. Road tax is slightly cheaper, insurance very slightly more.

I'm blessed. Thank you Mr Manc.

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
Now thats an interesting voyage into SLK ownership .....

Great client....>:D

Head on over the Peaks sometime - we have informal get-togethers now and then...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good...

Sounds interesting and will do! PM me date etc...

Yes, interesting story, it's been an interesting year so far, LOVE it!

If you're ever passing through Eccles and need a pit stop...

Best x

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts