Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and only found a single thread with mention of the gominigo bracket and that didn't include much detail on fitting it.

What I'm wondering is, how do you remove the small panel to get access to the tow hook location?

Feel free to point me to a post if I've missed it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i'm not quite 100% sure, but i believe with most european cars that have detachable tow hooks, the tow hook, along with the required tools to use it, are normally located in the trunk area. specifically for our cars in the boot where the spare is, or off to the side

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,452 Posts
The panel on the front bumper on our 09 is remover by pushing in lightly and sliding it to the side in the direction of the arrow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far, no luck. Removed the cover to the inboard of the passenger side, there's a hook there, but it's a real hook - not removable. Same thing on the driver side, but there's a little 'probe' in there, attached to a piece of ABS that's just between the angled support bar and the fog light. This probe sticks out of the non-perforated ABS and is wired. Where the wires go, I have no idea.....

So, I don't know where this bracket could go. Time to do a little more searching in the forum I guess.

·
18,452 Posts
Not sure about your model year and how it is set up for towing. Sound like the gominigo bracket may not work for your year. Also, I think the probe you are seeing is for your outside temp.

·
18,452 Posts
Looked up the manual for the 2003 320 in Leapyfish's signature, and on pages 251 and 252 it talks about the eye bolt for towing and it's location. Not sure why yours would have tow hooks that are not removable. Sorry I was not much help, and hope you get it all sorted out soon.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
The how to to do what?
Sorry about being vague.:hail:
I should have said, The how to remove the small panel to get access to the tow hook is in the Mercedes owners manual for your car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to Dave54 and leapyfish.

Yes, it's darn strange that I have a BIG hook behind that panel, not a location for an eyebolt. I'm going to do a little more sleuthing, something is odd here.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.