Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running stock size tires on my 1999 SLK 230, I'd like something with the MB badges, but if the new wheels can have MB badges put in them, I'd be good with that. I'd like something to make my little silver car Pop, anyone got any suggestions, my tires are almost brand new so I want to use them. I'm pretty open for recommendations/personal experience. You all have much more experience with SLK's than me!

Thanks in advance! :rockon::rockon:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
There are SO many choices..you only have 2 options for MB center caps though, either they'll be true center caps or you'll have to get decals to badge the rims [[but who wants decals on their rims :mad:]]. Make sure the size of your center cap [or whatever new set of mb caps you get] fits your new tires. I have seen the slk center caps in many different sizes.

tirerack.com
discounttire.com
carid.com
crazytires.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wheels & Tires

I'm new to the MB world as well, and had to go through this a few weeks. I recognized that the 2004 SLK 230 stock wheels can look nice, but mine were in poor shape & letting the car down!

I ended up going with Discount Tire (America's Tire in some states). They had the best combination of style and affordability, and their website has the "See these on your car" feature we've come to expect.

I went with the Voxx MG3 See It On Your Car (16X7 5-112 20SML) 4x $124 with staggered Yokohama tires. This and most come in 16" or 17". See the attached photos, with the old and new wheels. Style is individual, but at $124, new was close to the price of refurbishing, so I opted to update the style and sell the old rims to offset the cost. I don't have the weight on hand, but these are lighter than stock, adding to what I've experienced as much better handling.

I could not find an aftermarket wheel I liked that had a 75mm center cap, so I'm unable to transfer over the OEM caps, so I've ordered off eBay a set of stickers with the same blue MB logo, which I will attach when they arrive.

You have lots to choose from, but in my experience, used MB wheel, especially the AMG 5-spoke wheels are still selling for a premium. Go with what makes you smile, and don't skimp too much on the tires! You'll be happy with the improvements in performance and safety.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm new to the MB world as well, and had to go through this a few weeks. I recognized that the 2004 SLK 230 stock wheels can look nice, but mine were in poor shape & letting the car down!

I ended up going with Discount Tire (America's Tire in some states). They had the best combination of style and affordability, and their website has the "See these on your car" feature we've come to expect.

I went with the Voxx MG3 See It On Your Car (16X7 5-112 20SML) 4x $124 with staggered Yokohama tires. This and most come in 16" or 17". See the attached photos, with the old and new wheels. Style is individual, but at $124, new was close to the price of refurbishing, so I opted to update the style and sell the old rims to offset the cost. I don't have the weight on hand, but these are lighter than stock, adding to what I've experienced as much better handling.

I could not find an aftermarket wheel I liked that had a 75mm center cap, so I'm unable to transfer over the OEM caps, so I've ordered off eBay a set of stickers with the same blue MB logo, which I will attach when they arrive.

You have lots to choose from, but in my experience, used MB wheel, especially the AMG 5-spoke wheels are still selling for a premium. Go with what makes you smile, and don't skimp too much on the tires! You'll be happy with the improvements in performance and safety.
Thanks, nice looking wheels. I'm staying with the Cooper Zeon RS3-A's I had put on a couple of months ago. They fit what I want the car to handle and ride like. Pretty quiet tires and good mileage too. The wheels you have are pretty much like what I like so that's a good example for me. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.