Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to give Upsolute a try with my pre-facelift 230. There website quotes gains from 193bhp to 223bhp from the chip alone. Was a bit concerned that they had to un-solder the chip from the ECU, re-program and then solder back in. After speaking to the owner of my local branch, I was re-assured by the fact he has a degree in electrical engineering.

Fingers crossed for good gains. Might visit my local Merc dealer and get the mas relocation pipe done before hand.

Not looking at the pulley kit yet as my next mod will be 18" AMG Alloys

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the chip tune done and well impressed. The guy from Upsolute knew his stuff and although his coding machine was playing up and it took 3hrs, the performance of the car has changed massively. No flat spot at 3000rpm (but still doing the MAS relocation at weekend) and easily 30bhp more power. £250 ($380) well spent and highly recommed to all and a better £ per bhp than a pulley kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi fluffy

was wondering how the car was getting along now its been a few weeks after the remap.

looking on the upsolute site they reckon they can achieve increased bhp and mpg - wondering if you'd noticed how your mpg was getting along?

cheers

Scitru

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really noticed any mpg improvements but I do have a very heavy right foot. Average 25mpg but had 30mpg on way back from chip tuning. I've got used to the BHP gains but moving from 245 rears to 285 has had an impact on acceleration. Still worth it though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.