Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd kick off the post-event media thread here with a couple of pictures. I don't have any action shots but hopefully those will come in later.

1) Pre-race banter
2) Memorizing the track (or something :))
3) On the podium, Matt M., Todd & Jason
4) The SLKs parked outside K1Speed (with one Corolla for good measure)
5) At the District mall in Tustin where we went for food & drinks.
6) Checking out Matt M.'s mysterious sound which of course didn't happen with everyone looking at the car. Never fails :biglaugh:.

Good fun. Hope for some action shots & vids.

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Thank you Durk for the photos. I forgot to bring the camera.

·
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, we were wondering since quite a few of us ended up in the top-racers-of-the-week list, if this was due to "the week" having just started and not enough people competing yet. But this Top 100 list (soon to be outdated) shows that even if you take an entire 7-day week we're still doing pretty good! Matt M.'s in 11th place, Todd's in 21st place, Jason's in 32nd place. I'm in 64th but hey, still on the list. Not bad considering the insane amount of people that come through that place. I think we were kicking decent butt on that track today.

https://www.clubspeedtiming.com/k1irvine/besttime.aspx?track=2&Days=7

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
ya.. it's hard for a camera to focus in on objects moving over 100 mph. Wifey did try though.

But Jason, if you're not sure which one is you...

it's the blurr right behind me! :biglaugh: :bannana::tazz::rb

·
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hah, those are great. Man, we're all pretty sweaty in that group picture. :biglaugh:

Oh and my back is killing me today from when I got sideswiped. We'll see how quickly I recover from this. Good times. :woot:

·
Registered
659 Posts
If we're all 'fessing up'... I took some heavy meds last night and sat in the jacuzzi for a while. That, and a couple of beers, and I slept like a baby. Today movements are back to normal... If you're an 80 yr old man.

Those karts are brutal.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Here's a few of our pics. They were taken with ULTRA high speed camera (used by NASA to capture the thrust of a rocket) and therefore a little clearer.
Not sure how I would look in outer space, but I can almost tell which of the black shirt racers I am in these vids :biglaugh:

Thanks to Grace for all the camera work and thanks for posting the vids!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts