Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Actually, that's a tire pressure gauge clip - it's in the glove box so that you can put some gloves on before you check your tires - and your hands stay clean! I kid you not!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, that's a tire pressure gauge clip - it's in the glove box so that you can put some gloves on before you check your tires - and your hands stay clean! I kid you not!
I don't believe you.

How does this..

Fit in that little clip..?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I bet it's 53$ at MB or find the same thing attached to a $3 supermarket piece of crap.
Hey mate, I assume that disappears if you have the CD changer installed, I'm going to have to look when I get home.

I bet you have to buy the whole glove box assembly, MSRP $348.00.:eek:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey mate, I assume that disappears if you have the CD changer installed, I'm going to have to look when I get home.

I bet you have to buy the whole glove box assembly, MSRP $348.00.:eek:
It just about fits a pen in(or a pen sized tyre pressure gauge) mate. I kinda miss it since I broke it. the pen much have fell out as I closed it and snapped the clip.. I'd agree merc probably try to sell you the whole door :)

I probably have 2x2' space where I some times leave my wheel nut lock if I at the side of the cd player

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't believe you.

How does this..

Fit in that little clip..?
You'd be surprised at what Mercedes thinks should go in a glove box!!! Take a look at the CD changer in the SLK! My 1994 S500 has a small lid on the inside of the glove box that flips open to reveal a ring - it's a useless cup holder - or a good German jokester was having some fun!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
It just about fits a pen in(or a pen sized tyre pressure gauge) mate. I'd agree merc probably try to sell you the whole door :)
Just went to check, (hey the CF came in and I forgot about this) and it's on the door and there are 2 of them. They look removable and replaceable, not integrated into the door. I think.

Is there a part number?
Can't find it on the usual replacement part web sites, maybe Dan or John??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.