Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the latch on my glove box. Anyone have any idea where I can find one? I don't really care what color it is, I can repaint it to match.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Have you tried the brakers yards in your area yet. Up here in Canada some idiots try and drive there car through the winter and some don't make it.

I just called my local one to see if they had any in the yard and he said "no all gone you'll need to wait for the snow to start". If he had had one I would have picked it up for you. Sorry

Just a thought, I do have them now and again even if the wife says I don't.

:D:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean the locking handle itself?
I'm talking about the latch that you have to physically grab in order to open the glove box. I called the local MB dealership and I can order a new one sans the lock tumbler for about $43.00. I suppose that's not too expensive but if I can find one used I'm sure it would be about half that.

Have you tried the brakers yards in your area yet.
I have called around and the closest junkyard with an R170 is about 2 hours away. When you consider how much gas costs these days its cheaper (and easier) to just order a new one.

Thanks for the input guys. I am 95% through a complete interior renovation. All I have left to do are the seats (I ran out of paint and had to order more) and change out the glove box latch. I will get some pics up once I finish.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts