Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glove Box and Center Consol storage are both locked and won't open. I've read all the threads on this subject and tried it all. Pressed against left side of glove box while internally locking and unlocking (many times), sprayed WD40 into handled latch, reset remotes to factory setting...nothing works. The Center Console also won't open. They both occured at the same time. Is it a fuse problem??? None of the threads here worked, can anyone share some light on this subject. Also, does anyone know what schedule C entails?
Thanks so much.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Bob - try this. Sit in the car, and lock the doors with the keyfob in your hand. Unlock with the keyfob, and check to see if they will open. You can actually "hear/feel" the lock on the center console engage/disengage if you have your arm resting on it.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
The center console and glove box lock/unlock is controlled by the remote key as John stated.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
Bob,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Schedule C. Have you a maintenance manual? schedule c refers to the time it takes to complete and usually matches the maitenance around the 39000 mile maintenance schedule. do a 'search' top right for it also.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much John, I've tried sitting in the car and locking and unlocking with the keyfob...as the manual states. Wierd problem here. I have a good Mercedes Mechanic who will probably figure it out...I'll post the results when I get it to him...thanks again.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Thanks so much John, I've tried sitting in the car and locking and unlocking with the keyfob...as the manual states. Wierd problem here. I have a good Mercedes Mechanic who will probably figure it out...I'll post the results when I get it to him...thanks again.

Please do - interested to see what he finds. Normally the locks don't both fail at the same time, so I'd still expect you to be able to open one or the other!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bummer that Bob never replied-- I'm having this happen intermittently in my 55 (both console and glove boxes remain locked).

I've found that pressing lock, immediately followed by two quick unlocks from the fob will get the console/glove boxes to unlock. I think I might have a failing solenoid or the hose may be coming loose.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John and juiceyman,
Sorry it took sooo long on this issue, life happens. I've had it in 2 shops and finally found a good SLK mechanic that found the problem. The fuse to the "Signal acquisition Module" had blown. Not sure which fuse box but I believe it's the one in the trunk area. Now both the center console and glove box function normally. Thanks for your input.
Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.