Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 172 with beige leather. I want to try Gliptone to clean it but dont know the differences between GT11,12,15 etc. Any advice

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,758 Posts
I have been here over 10 years and there are only like 3 threads/posts with gliptone mentioned

https://www.google.com/#q=site:slkworld.com+gliptone

I would stick with Meguiar's products (many members do) or try Zaino for your leather

I use Zaino Z10- Leather in a bottle ans Z9 Leather cleaner

https://www.zainostore.com/

Zaino Store : Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner

Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner contains the finest blend of emulsifiers, mink oil and synthetic lanolin to safely clean all fine leather surfaces. Alkaline and detergent-free, Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner gently lifts soil and stains without harming the dyes, clear coat protection or natural oils in leather. Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner is so gentle, it helps prevent premature leather damage, including cracking, shrinking and drying.

Zaino Store : Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

Two years in the making and already rated number one in the industry. Z-10 Leather in a Bottle™ Treatment and Conditioner contains a perfectly balanced, solvent-free blend of special oils and other natural conditioners. Z-10 Leather in a Bottle™ penetrates and preserves all fine leathers for years of beautiful service.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@jbanks15 thanks for that. I was asking about Gliptone as I can get it over here and read good things about it. The Zaino isnt available here as far as I could find, would have to get it in UK or NI.
Meguiras is no problem to get.
As I know nothing about detailing and like doing it even less I will bow to the experience of the members here and give Zaino a go. As this is the best car I've had I'll have to start looking after it and start looking at some detailing videos. Now all I need it some dry days so I can start and fit my ST and windrestrictor as well, may have to wait till May:grin:

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,758 Posts
zaino only available online. link above

and the leather in a bottle.....smells exactly like leather!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts