Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As suggested by Brian, I'm starting a new thread.

Saturday, April 7th: I'll check out the Irvine Ford PAG area earlier in the morning and head towards Asuza after 9am and plan to be at Angeles Forest information center, 1960 N San Gabriel Canyon Rd. by 10 am.

Anyone interested? For those near OrCo (Orange County), we could meet at the Irvine area in the morning, check out the showcar displays, coffee, and then head north for the Glendora Ridge run.

So far we have (add your name as applicable):

1. etyu
2. Tslick

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess who's coming with me?

I told my mate about this Saturday and initially she was non-chalant and said fine. Later, she asked: Is this the same place at Mount Baldy? I said yes. "Then I'm coming."

She doesn't want to stay home and worry if I would end up in a ditch or canyon. :biglaugh: She does have a point.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Guess who's coming with me?

I told my mate about this Saturday and initially she was non-chalant and said fine. Later, she asked: Is this the same place at Mount Baldy? I said yes. "Then I'm coming."

She doesn't want to stay home and worry if I would end up in a ditch or canyon. :biglaugh: She does have a point.
She does have a point, Take care and dont turn ESP off:)

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i'm a strong maybe at this point, got a bunch of stuff this weekend..so i'll have to check in tomorrow.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm set for tomorrow, between 1000 to 1030, at the Angeles Forest Info Center. We do have to head home at around 1200 to meet up with my daughter who'll be visiting from San Diego.

I'll be at the Ford-PAG-Mazda area at around 0730, maybe return home for breakfast and recheck at 0900 to see how many cars are left and leave for Azusa.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Eddy, thanks for checking out ford-pag-mazda for the next event. I'll see you tomorrow and you should get back in time to meet up with your daughter at noon. All we need to remember is not to stop and yak for hours at the intersection of Glendora Mountain Road and Glendora Ridge Road.

How about cutting it to between 10:00 and 10:15 A.M. to ensure your 12:00 date.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eddy, thanks for checking out ford-pag-mazda for the next event. I'll see you tomorrow and you should get back in time to meet up with your daughter at noon. All we need to remember is not to stop and yak for hours at the intersection of Glendora Mountain Road and Glendora Ridge Road.

How about cutting it to between 10:00 and 10:15 A.M. to ensure your 12:00 date.
My pleasure in checking out the Ford-PAG-Mazda, in preparation for April 21.

My thought for that time would be brunch or early lunch at a place called Fukada (Irvine Center Drive and Research). It's a small place but they offer authentic organic Japanese cuisine. Excellent seafood salad. Lunch costs around $10 to $11, drinks (Japanese green tea) extra. I don't know if you guys/gals like Japanese cuisine or seafood. If not, Spectrum 21 is nearby.

We could head westward thereafter on 133 to hit Laguna Beach and go south on PCH, maybe stop by near the marina at Dana Point, head east and come back north on the 5 and then eastward again on 74 (Ortega Hwy). There are places to stop and take photos along the route and should be a more mellow and relaxing drive (for Kelly and Alicia, SLKbabe and 280Lady). At the end of 74 is Lake Elsinore, there are outlet stores (including one from Sony for the guys and there's more than enough outlet stores for the gals, e.g. Liz Claiborne, Mikasa, etc.). We could then part ways from there, gas station is nearby on Nichols Road, and 15 north to 91 is very close.

I should be able to make it the the Angeles Forest Info Ctr. between 1000 and 1015 tomorrow.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm a strong maybe at this point, got a bunch of stuff this weekend..so i'll have to check in tomorrow.
You can check the stuffs after lunch :D

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Hey guys, i'm gonna try to make it, not promising anything...hoping to see you guys out there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts